• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LogBookPro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no reason for ltp to cross install. You'll notice that no Mac users are dying to get something that only works on windows when there is something that already does it, and IMHO, does it better anyway for the platform. Not to mention the fact that an iPhone app doesn't really eben help Mac users cause they still have to go through windows.

For anyone who is skeptical, I'd say go to an apple store and tell them to show you why. I know many who have switched not only logbook programs but from windows to Mac and many of those were diehard windows guys. They've never looked back.

That's just what I've seen, and just my opinion.

Last edited:
I got the impression the iPhone app wasn't a standalone "Mac compatible" program.

I got the distinct impression that it's meant to be used with the Windows software.

Either way, as a "born again" Mac enthusiast, I can also attest to LogTen Pro's abilities.

To be completely honest, comparing apples to apples, they're pretty much the same program.

Pretty simple really; if you use a Mac, use L10Pro. If you use Windows, use LBP. You can't lose either way.

Importing from Logbook Pro to Log Ten Pro was a little confusing at first, but I figured it out pretty quickly. I exported to a CSV file, opened up in Excel, cleaned it up a bit (for instance, I changed most of the 3-letter ID's to the ICAO 4-letter ID- I had airports showing up in China and elsewhere that I KNEW I didn't fly to (at least not in a C172!) and I couldn't figure it out until I realized that the program was referencing the three-letter APC code, which may or may not be the same as the 3-letter code you put into your logbook for the grass strip down the street.

Although it was a little tedious to clean up my logbook, I found myself enjoying it, as I found myself actually remembering many obscure details of flights long since forgotten. Dodging thunderstorms on my commercial cross-country. That cool grass strip where I watched the DEA practice their stuff. Last flight before my last furlough... sure brought back memories!

I DO like that when I put in my OUT and IN times, LogTen Pro automatically calculates day/night.

I DO like the feature where you can export your trips to Google Earth and see where you went. LBP also has an add-on like this, but it costs $30, so with the add-on, both programs cost about the same.

I only fly 1-2 legs a day, maybe 3 if I'm really unlucky, so having the iPhone app didn't make much sense for me. But if I was flying an RJ or a 737 with 3-4-5 legs a day, then I'd totally get it.

My information is a little dated but I thought LogTen Pro was a horrible program. I switched from LogBook Pro to LogTen when I went Mac in 2006. LogBook pro had built in filters but LogTen requires you to build your own. I tried for two weeks to figure out how to get the damn thing to tell me how much of anything that I had. Having to write code is not my idea of a user friendly program. I never figured out how to get "if multiengine=>0.1 show" to work. It was a completely useless program and I actually went back and installed LogBook Pro on my wife's PC (she's Mac now) in order to filter my times for the NetJets application.

As I said, my info is a little dated as I refused to pay the $60 "upgrade" fee for the new version a few years back. I thought my original $80 was a complete loss and wasn't going to gamble anymore money. Maybe things are better now, but if not, I'd stay the hell away from LogTen Pro unless you're more then a casual user.

My information is a little dated but I thought LogTen Pro was a horrible program. I switched from LogBook Pro to LogTen when I went Mac in 2006. LogBook pro had built in filters but LogTen requires you to build your own. I tried for two weeks to figure out how to get the damn thing to tell me how much of anything that I had. Having to write code is not my idea of a user friendly program. I never figured out how to get "if multiengine=>0.1 show" to work. It was a completely useless program and I actually went back and installed LogBook Pro on my wife's PC (she's Mac now) in order to filter my times for the NetJets application.

As I said, my info is a little dated as I refused to pay the $60 "upgrade" fee for the new version a few years back. I thought my original $80 was a complete loss and wasn't going to gamble anymore money. Maybe things are better now, but if not, I'd stay the hell away from LogTen Pro unless you're more then a casual user.

With version 5 it has changed a lot, for the better! You still have to use the same filters and build them yourself, but once you figure it out it's smooth sailing. I found that the problem I was having was due to the fact that it is very precise, as in when building filters, you have to use the terms the program uses, letter for letter, or it doesn't recognize....

I'm a full supporter!

I never figured out how to get "if multiengine=>0.1 show" to work. It was a completely useless program and I actually went back and installed LogBook Pro on my wife's PC (she's Mac now) in order to filter my times for the NetJets application.

I've been a LogTen Pro user since version 2, and I've never remember having to hand-code any filters.

Hi!

Everything I have heard and seen on LogTenPro is good.

Macs are better, and more expensive. If/when I get into a position where I feel financially stable, I will switch bac to Mac.

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back