• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LogbookPro alternative that will import my old LBP files

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't. Laptops start at $999; they don't make anything as low-end as some of the $500 Dells, but you get a hell of a machine for $1K.

Spent $425 for my Dell in 2006. Still running GREAT.

Is it cutting edge? no.
Will it handle EVERYTHING I need it to?. Yes

Everybody thinks they HAVE to keep up with the Jones'

"I just bought a 16 Megapixel camera"
What do you use it for?
"just 4x6 snapshots...why?"
You don't need 16 Mpixels for that
"but it has a nice sticker on the front that I haven't taken off that says 16Meg"

Last edited:
Hey, if it does everything you need, then it's a good choice for you. I need something that does a little more, so ended up with the $1199 Macbook Pro. Does everything I need, in a form factor that works well for me on the road.

LogTen is automatically backed up on Macs thanks to the Time Machine function. I have my logbook files in Dropbox, and this allows me to sync my MacBook Air and Mac desktop for free, as well as putting a copy of the file in the cloud should both laptop, PC and Time Machine all break at the same time.

Works great. Or you can pay LogBook "pro" $80 a year for the same thing. Unless you're locked into Windoze, it's an easy choice.

I've been using mccPilotLog and it's very full-featured, slick, full-featured, and does import LogbookPro files as well as has an airline schedule interface and an iphone and android app. I've also had good response from their technical support. I don't know why I don't hear more about them on the web boards.

Also if you use the iPad or iPhone version along with the desktop version, you will have a complete copy of the data on each one, so in a way it's also backed up between 2 devices. I also keep a copy on dropbox. My favorite part is every month I can import my entire schedule and when I'm on a trip I just enter the times and tail number and when I get home I sync and everything is done. LogTen is great because it has the capability to be very in depth or you can just use simple features.

Using Logbook Pro is like using the DOS function on Windows. The company won't move on with the times and now wants to charge for stuff that used to be free.

How is it like DOS? The cloud sync? The schedule import? The ipad/iphone/droid companions?

What would you like it to do to 'keep up with the times'?

What do they charge for that used to be free?

Why is logten only for mac! it looks perfect!
Perfect how? What does it offer that LBP doesn't?

I went the excel (well technically mac numbers) route from LBP last year when I bought a mac and haven't looked back. It's not too tough to learn enough about excel formulas to pull out all the same type of information and forms that expensive software has.

Additionally, I guarantee you I (as the owner of my spreadsheet) will NEVER give myself poor technical support or start charging myself for things that should be free.

I'm just a bug smasher pilot, but I've been using logshare.com for years. It used to be free, but now it's $5/month as part of a pretty good flight planning application.

It's a web application, but it will allow one to download the data in spreadsheet friendly comma separated format for backup.

It has some customization features and I really like the currency reminder emails I get.

Latest resources

Back