• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAVOK69

What is the best program for electronic logbooks that can be kept on a laptop or palmtop that employers will accept as a flight time record? Any opinions from what yall have used? Price? Website?

There's one that they're always plugging on this website, not sure how good it is.
"Logbook Pro"

urflyingme?! said:
There's one that they're always plugging on this website, not sure how good it is.
"Logbook Pro"

It's very good. I use it on my laptop...haven't gotten the Palm version, but I like the laptop version a lot!

-mini

urflyingme?! said:
Hey mini, is it 8710 compatable?

Yep, the only complaint I had was that since this school uses FTDs, I logged it as "FTD" time (not simulator) but it won't bring that up in the 8710 "printout".

Even for that, it only takes a second with one other report to write in the correct numbers.

Made my last 8710 a snap.

-mini

Anything out there for linux??

or shareware?

The price of LB Pro kinda scares me away from it.

-CaKe

I just bought logbook pro and have been using it, and I find it to be pretty good. I had previously used http://www.gold-software.com/ForpilotsLogbook-review15278.htm and I liked that alot as well. It doesn't have as many functions as LBPRO but I did find it a little easier to use, heck of a lot cheaper and had my hard drive not fried, I'd still be using it. I got LBPRO because of all the hype, but "Forpilots Logbook " worked great for me.....

minitour said:
Yep, the only complaint I had was that since this school uses FTDs, I logged it as "FTD" time (not simulator) but it won't bring that up in the 8710 "printout".

Even for that, it only takes a second with one other report to write in the correct numbers.

Made my last 8710 a snap.

-mini

Thanks for the info. I just tried the 8710 and sure enough, it took less than a second to calculate the numbers.

Wish I'd known this last week :(

English said:
Thanks for the info. I just tried the 8710 and sure enough, it took less than a second to calculate the numbers.

Wish I'd known this last week :(

Pretty cool huh?

the FTD stuff only takes a sec or two to find the report and toss it on the 8710

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back