• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TO024

There are two columns in my logbook: NR and NR
T/O LDG

I am pretty sure the T/O is for takeoff, and the LDG is for landing? What does the NR stand for? :eek:

Thanks

Last edited:
Just An Abbreviation

I think "NR" stands for "number" of takeoffs (T/O) and landings (LDG).

Is my flight instructor supposed to log how many takeoffs and landings I do in my logbook?

Yes, but if he/she doesn't, it's ok for you to write it in.

Soon you'll be making the logbook entries on your own (when you solo). So, if you don't understand something, be sure to ask questions while your instructor is filling out your logbook.

TO024 said:
Is my flight instructor supposed to log how many takeoffs and landings I do in my logbook?
That becomes important for currency reasons later in your training. You'll have to have made 3 takeoffs and landings in the previous 90 days before you can take passengers up.

I have soloed, and he didnt let me log it. He entered it in. What if I dont remember how many I did?

Last edited:
Many instructors begin to have students make their own entries right after solo to 1) learn how to do it with supervision and 2) to encourage independence. Perhaps your instructor hasn't though of these things. If you WANT to start logging your flights when you solo, just find a non-threatening way to bring it up, and talk about it. You are able to talk to your instructor openly, right?

When you write that he didn't let you log it yourself, was that after you asked him if you could log it yourself, or did he just log as usual? It could be that he was just hurried and didn't think of the ramifications of not offering to have you begin to log your own flights.

Latest resources

Back