• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know if there is a 'correct' way to do it, but the most 'professional' way to do it, in my opinion, is to audit your logbook, make any corrections by drawing a single line through the mistake, write the correction next to the mistake, and initial it. Then use a correction line with a note explaining it so the totals add up.

I also suggest going electronic if you haven't already. I audited my logbook when I had about 1200 hours and backed it up electronically at the same time. In all I think there were about 12 hours of errors, all of which I found and corrected. The whole process took a few weeks and was extremely frustrating at times but well worth the trouble. When I finished my first logbook I went totally electronic. For interviews (and a check-ride) I print it out at FedExKinkos. It looks perfect and there are no addition errors so there is little time spent on the logbook during the interview.

Oh, almost forgot...the first thing and interviewer will likely do is add up your single and multi-engine time and compare it to your total time, so it should add up. The next thing they will do is look for all of your check-rides. I suggest tabbing them to make the interviewer's job easier.

Good luck with your interviews.

In 251 hrs you have a math error?

Take your logbook problems as a sign...seek another career.

If you didn't have a math error at 250 hours, you are likely the only pilot in the history of aviation not to. Congratulations! You probably have never had a bad landing either, right?

Latest resources

Back