Logbook Pro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilatus96

Have any of you guys ever used it? Or do you use it? I ordered it for a buddy of mine about two months ago but it never showed up. About one month ago I sent them an e-mail basically just asking “what’s up with this?” Anyway, the next day I got an automated e-mail just saying they got my inquiry and someone would respond within 48 hours. Nobody ever responded and I am feeling like that was either some kind of scam to take my $100, or that company has really bad customer service. I checked their website too and there wasn’t a phone number, that’s why I had to mail them. What do you guys think?

I like the program; however I will agree with you on the customer service. I had a hard time moving the program from my old comp to my new one. They are overly cautious about people copying their program and using it for free.

Why did you not just download the program?

My friend just graduated from Embry-Riddle with over 1000 hours and was set to start flying right seat in a CJ1 with my uncle, so I got him the professional edition as a gift. That’s why I didn’t just download it.

The professional version just means that your friend will be able to use the software on more than one computer. If you want to send a CD ROM version you have to pay an extra $9.95. Otherwise the program is free to download. What you are paying for is the “unlock code”. You should have been sent one in an email.

Hope you find some resolution.

It turns out I actually did purchase the unlock code for the downloadable version. They emailed me back to the other day. For some reason I thought you had to use he unlock code for the CD to install as well. That’s why I never thought it was weird that they gave me the code. Anyway my buddy is just going to downloaded onto his computer since I was originally buying it for him as a gift.

I like the program, been using it for a while. But their customer service sucks! How many companies out there don't have a phone number!!! Ridiculous. When you have a tech problem, you have to email, wait a day or two, email again and again and again. Seems like a very popular well selling program, don't know why they can't get some guys in India to answer the phones for some tech support or customer service.

Anyway, I don't know much about other programs, but as long as you're using some kind of spreadsheet, you're good. The earlier you start the better.

Strange... I downloaded and activated my LogbookPro on two different computers at the same time, on the occasion of my purchasing a new computer. I know you're not supposed to be able to do that (I don't have the Pro edition), but I can and I did. I'm using it in the "legal but not what they want" sense, in that I'm using it on two of my own computers and not giving it to a friend. It's still on my old laptop and now it's on my "new" desktop, too.

Furthermore, as regards customer service... I'd long since lost my activation code (this was six months ago), so I sent them an email requesting that they resend it, and it took about 8hrs to get the response. I can't agree with the poor customer service comments, as it's worked out well for me.

a&p said:
The earlier you start the better.
Yeah, no kidding... I had to input over 5000hrs of flying into that freakin' thing, probably 4500 entries or so.

Furthermore, as regards customer service... I'd long since lost my activation code (this was six months ago), so I sent them an email requesting that they resend it, and it took about 8hrs to get the response. I can't agree with the poor customer service comments, as it's worked out well for me.[/quote]

So when it takes 8 hours to get a response, you think that is acceptable? Wouldn't it be nice if you could just call them and ask?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back