• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook Pro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took it to my last interview and they had no issue. I had it printed and spiral bound at kinkos for around $16 and threw it away after I was done. I didn't sign anything as far as the pages go. It was easy.

Just be careful if you will ever use your logbook for FAA purposes. I know of one pilot who somehow thought he could bring all of his "little black books" to his type ride to use as his logbook. The examiner wasn't sure how to handle it, and the FAA got involved. Their main problem was that each page was not individually signed, plus that each page did not have running totals as far as instrument, night time, etc. They postponed the ride, made him go back and sign and total up every page, and then had the FAA sit in on the oral. Of course, the questions then became insanely difficult (trust me, few of us could have answered some of the questions he was asked), he failed the oral twice, and is now an FO again. Sucks to be him.

Just be careful if you will ever use your logbook for FAA purposes. I know of one pilot who somehow thought he could bring all of his "little black books" to his type ride to use as his logbook. The examiner wasn't sure how to handle it, and the FAA got involved. Their main problem was that each page was not individually signed, plus that each page did not have running totals as far as instrument, night time, etc. They postponed the ride, made him go back and sign and total up every page, and then had the FAA sit in on the oral. Of course, the questions then became insanely difficult (trust me, few of us could have answered some of the questions he was asked), he failed the oral twice, and is now an FO again. Sucks to be him.

That's quite the cautionary tale.

Dare I ask...why the hell did he bring log books to a type ride? Are you referring to an initial ATP?

Latest resources

Back