Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
Does anyone here use logbook pro? Have you taken it to interviews and if so, is there ever an issue where they prefer having handwritten logs the old fashioned way and frowned upon the printouts?

I'm a very behind on updating my master logbook and it would save me a lot of time and ease from number-crunching to just continue my logbook with the software and go on from there.

Does anyone here use logbook pro? Have you taken it to interviews and if so, is there ever an issue where they prefer having handwritten logs the old fashioned way and frowned upon the printouts?

I'm a very behind on updating my master logbook and it would save me a lot of time and ease from number-crunching to just continue my logbook with the software and go on from there.
I use LBP, but have not brought it to any interviews. I print it in the Jepp format, and print it in landscape view on green paper, and then I actually sign each page. It is almost indistinguishable from a handwritten log, so I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

To me, it looks neat and professional..much better than my handwriting (less math errors too). I used it for my Delta interview. They seemed pleased with it.

I use it, but mainly for the APDL companion program. Nothing easier to use, and it beats the snot out of the old red book. But I still keep a paper logbook as my master, and that is what I used at my interview.

If anyone knows how to write codes, why don't you come up with a program that takes the program your airline uses as a scheduling tool, then transfers it to your LBP. So then at the end of the month/week, you can update your logbook by just "connecting" the two.
It would take all your flight times, dates, flight numbers, city pairings and tail numbers and automatically log them into your LBP.

I took it to my last interview and they had no issue. I had it printed and spiral bound at kinkos for around $16 and threw it away after I was done. I didn't sign anything as far as the pages go. It was easy.

Hi!

If you switch to an electronic logbook, switch your whole logbook, not just part of it, or keep it paper, one way or the other.

I have had no problems with my elec logbook (lbpro). Even here in Kenya, which hadn't even heard of them, they accepted it for my license validation/conversion.

Good luck!

cliff
NBO

I finally broke down and decided to try it. I'm not into gadgets, so didn't bother with the PDA or cell phone versions, or whatever they are. Just the basic computer logbook. It works find for what it is.

I'll be the next few years trying to transfer logbooks onto the electronic version (and it will probably disappear somewhere along the way as all things electronic do). I've never taken it to an interview, as my regular logbooks suffice.

If anyone knows how to write codes, why don't you come up with a program that takes the program your airline uses as a scheduling tool, then transfers it to your LBP. So then at the end of the month/week, you can update your logbook by just "connecting" the two.
It would take all your flight times, dates, flight numbers, city pairings and tail numbers and automatically log them into your LBP.

They already do...I emailed them about 2 years ago asking if they could make a program that would do what you were asking.. They blew me off with a bs email then about a year ago they changed their schedule importer so you can do just that...

Just copy and paste your pairing into the schedule importer online then save as a file and import into LBP..

https://schedule.logbookpro.com/

I have used it for a few interviews but I spent the extra money for the Jepp style pages and old world binder.. Jetblue, Southwest and Airtran didn't seem to have a problem with it.. Just remember to sign every page after you print it.

Last edited:
I used another logbook program for about 10 years, but it really didn't have any support anymore. Switched to Logbook Pro about a year and a half ago (just before my previous airline tanked).

The folks at LBP have been great about support - from importing the old data to helping me get the schedule importing working correctly.

I printed out a hard copy in Jepp format, purchased a ledger binder at an office supply, and bound it in that. Every interview I had appreciated having the logbook in a clear, legible format. I did take my old paper logs in case anyone wanted to the the originals, but was never asked for them.

I'm a big fan of electronic logbooks, and LBP in particular. FWIW, when I first switched to an electronic log, I actually went back and entered all of my data from day one. It took several days, but it was well worth it. When I went to LBP, I went one step further and scanned all of my old endorsements, checkrides, ect; and then sent them (as well as my logbook files) to my hotmail account - so I have an electronic backup for all of my data in case anything ever happens to the originals.

Make the switch - you won't regret it!

Latest resources

Back