Logbook Pro question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avbug said:
I tried to download the trial version three times now, and can't get it to run. Otherwise I'd have probably bought it, based on previous recommendations from folks here. As it is now, for me, unable to run, my present opinion is that it's worthless.

I think that's actually a problem on your computer as there was a bug with the Microsoft Windows Installer engine. There is a post on the NC forums about it, all you have to do is run the repair routine on your installation. I think you go to the add/remove programs area, click the button to uninstall, but choose the repair option on the next screen that appears. If you have a problem, post on their forums as they are really fast to assist. I bought my copy two weeks ago and really like it. No problems thus far.

I did all that, no go. It still doesn't work. I'm not a computer expert. To me, a computer is a type writer that goes a little faster and saves me the correction tape. Make it any more complicated, and it goes in the trash and I go elsewhere. I'm not a patient consumer.

Holy Crap Sandylab! 446 posts and you joined in June of 2005?! You've got a serious problem, we'll see you on the next episode of "Intervention."

Oh yeah, Logbook Pro. Great program! I've used it for 4+ years now and I really enjoy it. It's very easy to use and great for record keeping and printouts. I keep a paper log as well as my electronic log. It's worth the price to me ($99 when I bought it) b/c they keep updating it and refining it and I get free updates forever. Good deal, good product.

I made my own excel logbook, then tried a free program, and finally downloaded the trial version of logbook pro. I'm sold on it because it is so easy to use and none of the free programs compare. The other elogbooks for sale might be as good or better depending on your opinion, but the free updates and the fact that they have a large enough customer base to warrant giving updates indefinately is what sold me. I don't want to have to do this chit again. 100 bucks over the course of many years doesn't add up to much in the long run.

Latest resources

Back