Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Just wondering if anyone uses the logbook pro that this site advertises? I use an electronic logbook, but it is dos based, and is starting to cause problems. I don't mind paying the price if the product is worth it, just looking for opinions...
Thanks in advance.

Not worth it.

Oops, I might get banned for writing that. Sorry.

I've used it for a few years now, and love it. Totally worth the price, IMO. Besides, you only pay it once, and get free updates for life.

Here comes the barrage of: "You can do the same thing for free with [insert program here]!" Maybe if you're a genius with Excel. I'm pretty good with it, but I couldn't make anything that comes close to LogbookPro.

I'd buy it again if I had to...but I'd buy it before I started training. It was a pain entering all like 40 of my entries when I got it...if you've got a lot of entries, it's gonna suck at first. But once you're past that it kicks @ss!

-mini

Most e-logbooks are very similar. The interface and inputs are the only variance. The outputs are generally the same. I use AirTime by Flightline Software. It was just the first one I got my hands one to use, so I kept at it.
Most of them will have a free demo for you to try it out with. Go to the various websites to download a demo and see which one works best for you at a price you can afford. There are also several free ones out there, but they are generally not as polished as the retail ones.
Good luck...

Well, the one I use now is DOS based, and was not intended to be used for airline type flights, and is having problems with the number of entries. I'm not sure I would enter all the flights into a new program, probably just have a starting line. I just want something reliable that I can also use with my palm.

I've used LogbookPro for two years now and am very satisfied with the program.

I use Logbook Pro and really like it. I wrote my own database program when I first started and it was very nice to import all of the entries into Logbook Pro.

I like being able to show the Feds just the important entries instead of my entire logbook whenever the question gets asked.

I like being able to print out everything totaled by aircraft type for the aircraft insurance companies. It was quite helpful when an insurance company questioned my sudden increase in hours one month from the first application for a particular type.

I *really* like the PDA data entry, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have a current logbook.

Is it worth it? How much is your time worth? How much is being able to prove 3 landings and takeoffs in the last 90 days or your current total time worth? How many times do you want to add up the same hours for whatever application using whatever entities particular addition method?

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I tried to download the trial version three times now, and can't get it to run. Otherwise I'd have probably bought it, based on previous recommendations from folks here. As it is now, for me, unable to run, my present opinion is that it's worthless.

Latest resources

Back