• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook pro/PDA/Cell phones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do any of the Blackberries work for this sort of thing?

APDL works really good on a Treo 700p. Palm software is rocksolid, it plays tunes (with a 2 gig extension card) and the 700's (with Verizon) have a pretty fast internet. Couple of friends tried Windows and hated it, went back to Palm Treos.

Someone enlighten me on APDL. I have Logbook pro on my Treo 680 and works fine. How is APDL different or better?

http://mobile.wunderground.com/

Good for any city in North America.

Metars
Radars looping
TAF's
Moon phases

Drew

Just a tip, if you're used to looking at weather channel radar, you'll be freaked out by any storm that shows up on wunderground since the cell colors are much more orange and red than on any other radar. Basically on wunderground, yellow=green and orange=yellow, etc.

APDL works really good on a Treo 700p. Palm software is rocksolid, it plays tunes (with a 2 gig extension card) and the 700's (with Verizon) have a pretty fast internet. Couple of friends tried Windows and hated it, went back to Palm Treos.

Thanks CEO,

I do have PTunes on mine but am a little disappointed. It skips every 30 seconds or so - it’s not very noticeable but enough to drive you nuts after a while. Not sure how to fix it, I deleted the program and re-downloaded it again, same thing still (I have he unlocked, premium version)

As far as the logbook pro and the APDL, what’s the difference between the two? Any pros and cons? Is this logbook http://www.frontbeach.com/PalmLog same as Logbook pro or APDL? (it was the one which cause my Treo 700p to keep resetting itself while deleting all input info in the logbook.)

Those of you who have APDL, do you only keep a month or so worth of flight time in it and then transfer it to your desktop or do you keep it a “full” palm logbook?

Thanks guys/gals

anyone use verizon with the Motorola Q? Will it run logbook pro?

No, ADPL will not run on the Motorola Q, or any other device running the smartphone edition of windows mobile (or whatever that version is called). It needs to be a device with a touchscreen.

I just keep track of times/ships/duty/etc. I don't use it in connection with LogbookPro (although I guess I should) I figure once I have my old logbook filled out, I'll start with the LogbookPro. As far as data in it, it doesn't take that much space but I usually erase it once a year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back