• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook presentation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do it one line per leg, per day. Or, another way to say it: anytime the date or tail number changes, I go to a new line. I chose this way because the FARs specifically mention that a DATE (61.51(b)(1)(i)) and a TAIL NUMBER (61.51(b)(1)(iv) are REQUIRED logbook entries. It is a little more work, but I chose it because I didn't want to get to an interviewer and have to deal with a line of questioning such as "Why don't you have locations, tail numbers, and dates for each flight? The FARs require it. Blah Blah Blah." (0.0001% chance of that happening). It is slightly overkill, but I would rather not travel down that road.

I do it the old fashioned way....Little Red Book on trips.....transfer info over to paper log book when I get home. I switch lines when I switch airplanes or captains. It's happened a few times that I could go back and remember who I was working with or what I was flying when some issue comes up later. Female FA's go in the little black book.

One line per month. I carry a twenty cent ruled mini-notebook that fits in my shirt pocket. I document every leg in shorthand there. In my permanent logbook I total things monthly (used to do it by leg but that's a b#tch!) and offer the mini-book as "supporting documentation" in an interview. Nobody has ever asked to see the little one, nor batted an eye at the monthly entry format.

The most important thing is making it look organized and neat, the rest is your discretion IMHO.

Latest resources

Back