Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

generaltso

Marcy Projects
Part 121: What do you think is the best way to keep your logbook? (and why)

One line per leg
One line per plane
One line per day
One line per trip
One line per month

Some have suggested that the most professional and organized way is to do one line per leg. However it seems to me that is over kill. I know some guys that just do one entry per month. Any thoughts?

dash8trash8 said:
one line per plane per day...if the plane has a mechanical and we have to take a spare plane to finish our line i will do another line for the second plane with the associated legs that we flew.
we usually do 8 legs per day, so one line per leg would be over kill, and would probably make me get a new logbook every other month. I fly 121 domestic...hope this helps

me too.

1 line per day.

dash8trash8 said:
one line per plane per day...if the plane has a mechanical and we have to take a spare plane to finish our line i will do another line for the second plane with the associated legs that we flew.
we usually do 8 legs per day, so one line per leg would be over kill, and would probably make me get a new logbook every other month. I fly 121 domestic...hope this helps

Wow, 8 legs per day. Who do you work for.

I usually do 1 line per plane per day. Of course after like 4 legs in the same plane cramming all the destinations into the trip space gets crowded

Are you guys serious? Why would your future employer care what tail number you flew, or every single destination? I log 1 line per day, with pairing/trip number. I also keep a file with a printed out sabre report that shows every leg. I would think a crewlog would work as well.

One line per day, I don't think your future employer is going to care about tail number, as long as they are the same type of airplane. Yeah, N234AA handles differently from N123AA.

One line for each leg. It's not for future employers, it's because I add quite a bit of extra stuff in the remarks for my own use, sort of like a personal history. I started doing it after I saw a retired captain's logbooks from the 40's, 50's, and 60's that were logged like that. It was pretty cool and made a great personal journal for him to show his grandkids. Of course, if I flew 8 legs a day, it might be different.

One line per leg, even when I did 8 legs per day.

I don't do it for future employers. I do it for the day that'll come that I no longer fly airplanes.

Latest resources

Back