Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Squared said:
You must have missed that day in law school
They didn't have copy machines when I was in law school.

On thee other hand, some advocate signing in blue so there's no question that it is an original signed document, rather than a copy of a signed document, which might have been altered during the copying process.
Of course, when color copy machines become the standard...

erj-145mech said:
When you went to law school, papyrus was becoming popular.......

Dang, you beat me to it!

I don't know about not being allowed, but I saw this one girls log book and it look like a blizzard inside! She must have used a case of white in it.

That's not the worst part. She was blonde, and it was a computer logbook...

Yep

avbug said:
That's not the worst part. She was blonde, and it was a computer logbook...

Blonde, yes.

Very good pilot just an ugly logbook!

J32driver said:
I'm one of the believers in a nice tidy logbook. I beleive in one color, ink only... no pencil, and if there is an error, draw the single line through the offending number and correct it with a one line entry on the current working page.

The people that interview you will use your logbook as a representation of the kind of work you do. If they see 2 different colors of ink, pencil, and a ton of white out, it shows a track history that is indicative of how you will complete company work.

Neat and clean, the occosional correction that shows you audit your work and are not afraid to correct mistakes is the way to go.

"occosional" I'm one of the believers in a nice tidy post (aviation dork)

Going through training I was always told to make my 8710 forms as neat as can be and to type them up only. Then as a CFI I started using the computer 8710 forms. Recently I renewed my CFI at the FSDO and filled out the 8710 AND signed my temp CFI certificate with green ink. The fed said it was fine- it was the only pen he had available. Green ink! I guess the line stops at crayons? I was tempted to ask...

I had typed my 8710 out but forgot to print the back on it (I had two separate pages but I forgot it has to be on one sheet). That's why I had to redo it... haven't touched an 8710 in a couple years before that.

=w= said:
Recently I renewed my CFI at the FSDO and filled out the 8710 AND signed my temp CFI certificate with green ink. The fed said it was fine- it was the only pen he had available. Green ink!
Sure, why not? The goal is to have writing that is legible, permenant and not easily altered. Green ink does that.

i also do the entries in pen and the totals in pencil. no big deal. i had been asked in an interview once why i did that. i just told them why and that was that. i make adding mistakes and its easier to make corrections, entries are in pen (permanent) and the book doesnt look sloppy. not that my getting hired hinged on that, but i was hired.

Latest resources

Back