• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook Audit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do any of those grids on an online airline app drive you nuts? I think we all do our best to accurately log out times, but after a few thousand hours, a mathmatecial error or two may occur, and now the "grid" does not work. I have sent paper copies of my logbooks to a guy an AZ that FlightLevel software program sponsers to enter my lobooks into the software. That will take him a month, and I have the feeling that I may get an interview before then. Do any of you know of a company or person that will audit your logbooks for you? I would do it, but I don't have the time.

Thanks

Z

I have been entering my military logs into an excel spreadsheet. It has taken me a lot of spare time over the last couple of months to do this - 20 years is a lot of entries. What a pain.

I'm now going through and counting sorties by aircraft type and position in order to properly apply any correction factor that might be allowed by the airline(s) to which I'm applying.

I'm not sure how much I would trust someone else to do it.

SkyFishFly, while painful for you, that’s some good experience for the younger folks out there. Junior Navy pilots take note since the squadron does your logbook for you. It took me 5 months of weekend mornings to get 16yrs worth of USN time into LogBook Pro. That was two years ago, now I just enter each flight at the end of the day and balance the Navy logbook with my electronic logbook each month. That said, I know I still have a 0.2 error somewhere and will have to go back and audit the whole thing again before I start filling outs apps. (Agree about being leery to have someone else do this.)

As I suggested in another thread, I think a commercial program is the way too go, unless you are really good with Excel. Either way, make sure you can break out number of sorties. (For example, I have lots of line entries that read something like LIRN-LICZ-LIEO-LIRN 4.3hrs total, so I added a column for #of sorties, 3 in this case.)

The point is for the new guys, save yourself the pain and start an electronic logbook very soon after you start flying; then maintain it even if you are lucky enough to land your dream job, with today’s market, you may be filling out those apps again. Wouldn’t it be nice to have all that data easy to get at?

Good luck!

It took me 3 months to enter 4500 hours of flight time into Logbook Pro... best thing I ever did. When it came to fill out apps and then present a beautiful logbook to interviewers (at SWA) they loved it. Now I have an easy system that will work forever and give me information about my flying in endless and instant combinations.

I never did put my hours in a logbook and got hired just fine. Why bother spending weeks transcribing hours from an official document. Just take the official document... I guess that's assuming the Navy has the same sort of documents the Air Force has.

Navy uses logbooks. Flight time is broken down as total/first pilot/co-pilot. There is also a column for acft cdr. The entries are usually made and the logs kept up to date by a yeoman type who works in the ops dept. Quality of their work varies greatly.
I am on my fourth log and unfortunately, did not pay much attention to the accuracy of the entries until a couple of months ago when I started entering the times into a spreadsheet.

Use MS Access if you know how. It's easier to search for things such as time by aircraft type, time in last 90 days, etc. etc. etc. It can't do all the fancy things Logbook pro can do, but its extremely flexible and free if you own MS Office, which would be the case if you Excel.

~wheelsup

I have read alot of entries about how to total the log book etc. But I am curious.....your dual received and pic......if during training you logged flights as dual received and pic (when appropriately rated for the a/c ex during intsrument training) how do you now go back and fix this issue to make the pic/dual and solo add up to total? And does anyone log solo after the pvt checkride? The only time I was told during training was if I was signed off for multi solo before the checkride etc.

I "converted" paper to digital format several years ago. My TT was about 9K. I used Flight Level Software as LogBook Pro was still spooling up. It took me 9 months of data entry and I only worked on it on my RONs.

The software clears up any problems as far as legality is concerned. As I entered the data, I corrected my paper logbook.

No grid problems on any applications anymore. Columns total vertical and horizontal. I like it.

I use Logbook Pro's APDL for my PDA. It will upload the times to your laptop or Desktop to make auto-entries, no re-entering. Its worth the $$$, especially if you are just starting out in the carreer.

T8

Latest resources

Back