• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Log book

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sounds like alot of work for only 20 k a year with a 7 year up grade and to live in a crash pad with 15 radom people..but what do i know...live the dream..
go fractional...better way of life, more money and alot more stable..

I had multiple mistakes in my logbook when I got hired. I made a log of them in the back of my book there was 4 total. They were wicked hard to understand and it would've taken me explaining them for anyone to understand. No one asked me anything about them during my interview, but I made sure I was ready if they did.

Get a life. I defy anyone to add up a dozen columns after a few thousand hours, or even a thousand, vertically and horizontally and diagonally and forward and backward and inverted square roots and have them add up. And you don't want to work for anyone who's going to bust your balls over it.

Mine has no more errors. I found a few when I put it into Logbook Pro. I went back and made the corrections in the paper log. They all add up now and the computer and the paperlog agree. Really it is not that hard. Go back and Find the errors and correct them. It may look a little sloppy, but at least it shows you took the time to do the upkeep on your logbook.

Plus it just looks bad to say "It is close enough". Don't lose a job because of a paperwork issue.

I have used logbook pro for 3500 hours now with no paper backup.

Why use a paper backup? No one cares how you keep your logs. As long as you have required endorsements included.

you all suck...go ahead and continue to do all pilots a disservice and take the 20k job..and regarding your log book...who cares...can you fly an approach, can you hold, do you know your limitations...if a regional company is worried about a few numbers that may not add up then what does it say about that company...

walk in wearing jeans and a tshirt eagle needs people so badly you probably won't even have to interview...just show up for class....then again you're stuck working here haaa
icon30.gif

Fix it before the interview. Don't listen to the people who say "don't worry about it." They obviously haven't interviewed with Eagle.

My logbook wasn't perfect and I got hired by Eagle. Why do we always try to make this career harder than it has to be. Your taking years off your life being so uptight.

Just make sure that your logbook times are higher than your resume and matrix time. If you make mistakes, fix them and be ready to openly explain them. We all make logbook mistakes. Those guys don't want to spend any more time looking at your logbook than you do. They are going to do the bare minimum and move on. Just don't do anything obvious. No one goes from C172 Captain to King Air 200 PIC overnight. In fact, you should never log PIC in an aircraft without being or have been given Dual. The Guys interviewing you are lazy, not stupid.

What they are looking for in your paperwork is the same as what they look for in the cockpit... mistakes happen. Keep them small enough so you don't kill yourself/others, learn from them and become a better person/pilot as a result.

Well maybe they changed their attitude. We had a woman in our class let go right away in the interview because her times didn't add up correctly and she didn't tag her checkrides. Of course, this was November 05.

Latest resources

Back