• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lockheed Martin!!!! Way to go!!! Not!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lockheed martin is horrible, plain and simple. I too have had lots of IFR plans dropped and goofy info given. Even the company canned flight plans get screwed up some how(I really don't understand that one!) I fly around the northeast and usually get a briefer from down south or in the mid west somewhere. It's gonna be fun this winter discussing lake effect snow with some briefer from the the Carolinas! I sure wish Bangor FSS was still there, I miss those guys. They really understood the local weather.

Bangor FSS bunch of good guys! I call halifax for weather in that region now for local stuff they are just as good if you can deal with the cad. accent.

I've always gotten the local FSS but at times it will take 20 minutes to get a briefer. And when I do get a hold of them they don't know all that much. Anyways, can't you just call the local FSS directly by by using the number in the A/FD?

I've always gotten the local FSS but at times it will take 20 minutes to get a briefer. And when I do get a hold of them they don't know all that much. Anyways, can't you just call the local FSS directly by by using the number in the A/FD?

But the problem is that MOST of the local FSS offices closed the first week on June this year. There are only three left here on the west coast- OAK, Hawthorne and the MEGAPLEX in SDL. Having said that, if you call the 800 number, you will get routed to the FSS in your part of the country that has the shortest hold times. Soooo, even if you stand in the parking lot of the office in SDL, if OAK has less call volume that day, you will get them.

Most of the briefer's are old FSS employees who were lucky to cash out early and work part time.

They are the ones that everyone should feel sorry for, some real good people got the shaft in this whole thing.

Personally, I blame LM. They had NO idea what they were getting themselves into when they bid on the contract. All they saw was a big ole government contract up for grabs.

They should of hired Southwest to man the phones, I swear I have never been on hold there longer than 35 seconds.

Latest resources

Back