• Start date
  • Watchers 14

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Either inverter should power the fan operated venturi.

Have you checked your 900XP engine inlet lips for "spotting" yet? Look around the 12 O"clock position.

Either inverter should power the fan operated venturi.

Have you checked your 900XP engine inlet lips for "spotting" yet? Look around the 12 O"clock position.

Just noticed the spotting on ours the other day. We were picking it up in BAF (they were fixing the door lock along with the 300 hour inspection). The tech rep was there and took pictures - He said that Hawker Beech is talking with Honeywell about a solution. Our inlet lips are also discolored (a bronze color), and it started happening before the a/c left LIT. They are supposedly looking into that as well.

Took our maintenance a couple times to get it right but they finally found some solution (unfortunately I wasn't in the loop what that was).

In our case, the fix was to add two washers under the head of the hexagonal lock pin receptacle. That tightens up the clearance between the handle and the receptacle enough to eliminate both problems (being locked in and being broken into).

The maintenance diagram shows a clearance limit between the door handle and the lock receptacle. I think it is .003 to .0048 inches.

I goofed and added an extra zero to my numbers, otherwise they are correct. So the recommended tolerance is .03 to .048 inches.

From AINmxReports:
breakingmx.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hawker Pax, Crew Stuck in Door Handle Jam
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Hawker 900XP crew recently discovered after landing that a slightly out-of-tolerance closing mechanism can render the cabin door unopenable from inside the airplane, leaving the emergency hatch as the only exit. Luckily, the pilot was able to radio a lineman to grab the keys through the pilot’s side window and unlock the door handle from outside. After some investigation, the Hawker technician found that the receptacle in the door latch mechanism has a critical tolerance, and this Hawker’s receptacle needed adjustment by two added washers. “It’s a somewhat common problem that crops up on the Hawker,” the pilot told AIN. “It’s a relatively easy fix, just a matter of putting washers under the receptacle. It probably is something that Hawker pilots ought to be aware of. Hopefully mechanics and pilots will check their [Hawker] tolerance. Obviously it’s a big safety issue.” It is also a security issue, this pilot discovered, because in examining the problem he found that when the mechanism is out of tolerance, the locked door handle can be forced from outside to move and open the door. Hawker Beechcraft is investigating this problem, according to a spokesman, “but it sounds like it is a one-off incident.”[/FONT]

On the 700 I used to open the dump valve on the ground if I had the APU running for a while and had to shut the door for any reason. Seemed to do the trick.

The dump valve had an even more important and valuable feature......there have been many times I wish the Gulfstream had one :eek:

Latest resources

Back