Loading Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hoover

Are cargo pilots expected to load and unload their own freight? Do they get paid extra to do so?

Loading cargo is part of the job in the on-demand business. At our company if the load is over a certain amount the crew can get paid. Crew must always supervise the loading, tie down the cargo and put the cargo net in place

we carry loadmasters also, they best seats in the house on the left and right side of the cockpit and get to fly the airplanes between loading and unloading spots.

Got paid nothing extra to load the bank checks...lucky to get paid at all back then ...but pilotyip.. the best seat in the house is my couch when i get bumped for trainging nowadays

Definitely part of the job with 135 freight. Anyone not able or willing to do heavy lifting should look elsewhere for a liveliehood.

I remember freight delivery/pickup guys talking about one or two Lear or Falcon jockeys refusing to lift a finger loading or unloading while the guy was busting a hump (one guy was told by a pilot that "it was beneath someone in his line of work" or something like that!). Now THAT'S a tool!

Latest resources

Back