• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Live with it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish i could get 5700 hours in four months, i think that equates to something in the vicinity of 48 hours of flight time per day. Hmmm.

I guess i don't mind the "bitching" so much, it's helped to hear the positives and negatives that the more experienced have encountered.

THANKS EVERYONE!!! Keep on bitching!!

"BTW... pencil whipping your log book isn't the way to get ahead, and I hope you get caught... free up space for the honest guys that EARN their jobs."

Since when is an anonymous computer message board someones logbook?

Really, some of you take this stuff on here way too seriously. Lighten up a bit, I think he was just trying to have some fun.

BTW - As a 1900 driver myself I can say there is nothing lowly about it. It takes a lot more skill to hand fly a 1900 than it does to push some buttons on an autopilot. Plus we have more fun - anyone else get to fly the ILS 15L transition to visual to 4R in BOS? Jet guys can't do that.

Isn't it Eienstein's Theory or Relativity, that as you travel closer to the speed of light time will stand still. So technically he could log 48 hrs a day if he is a captain of the Starship enterprise.

I agree with the last post, turboprops are a lot of fun. You can yank em' and bank em' w/o getting into too much trouble. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind flying an RJ one day.

hey jhwflyer,
I never called a 1900 lowely, those are your words. A simple question of a 1900 or a jet is an honest question. However you seem to have a problem with the airplane and that is your problem. Buy the way my logbook is 100%. at least one guy in here has some common sense. Thanks NEdude

As a former 1900 driver currently flying the CRJ200, I can say that the rj is fun too. Pushing the envelope in a prop is challenging, now try it in a jet where you don't have props to help slow you down. When you 1900 drivers get to fly a jet again, try 250 to the marker and you'll really enjoy that too.

By the way, no disrespect to the prop drivers.:D

Snine, I fly the 1900 and I love it. I just turned down an offer to interview at a top regional where they fly a bunch of RJ's. Reason. I will upgrade hopefully by the end of the year and start building that coveted PIC time. I was simply stating what you had said a few months ago when you were trying to get an interview with Commutair, and you were asking if you should hold out for an RJ. The "lowly" comment was mine. If you want to hold out for an RJ, apparently you're too good to be in a 1900.
That's all. I hope you have a good job now, and I wish you the best of luck in your flying career.

I am in the 1900 now. I truely enjoy flying it. Ya a jet would be fun but as you stated, a quicker upgrade these days may be more important. Now everybody smile enjoy the flying that we are doing and soon the industry will turn in our favor. At least we hope so.

A complaining pilot is a happy pilot. I know this has nothing to do with Regional Interviews, but we could use a little levity at times...

Who's heard this one?!

A bunch of senior airline pilots are in a meeting with the union rep who introduces the new contract as follows,

"Here's the plan: every pilot gets paid $500,000 a year and we only work on Wednesdays. Whaddaya think?"

A pilot in the back raises his hand and asks, "Now is that EVERY Wednesday?!"

Don't worry . . . be happy

I knew when I changed careers that I was not majors meat, in any way, shape or form. All I ever wanted from professional aviation was to be offered a class date with a decent regional, or any regional, for that matter. FO on the 1900 would have been rewarding. Captain on the 1900 would have fulfilling. Driving an RJ would have been beyond my wildest expectations, and icing on the cake.

Turned out that the farthest I progessed was flight instructor at a couple of acceptable places and a couple of mediocre places. It didn't fulfill my goals, but it was fine. I've squawked plenty about my experiences, and still squawk, but the bottom line is I did something that many people dream about but few get to do, be paid for flying airplanes.

Just some food for thought.

Latest resources

Back