Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Live on TV!!! C-150 gear will not retract!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Horizon

Thrust=Weight+Drag
CNN: "So Bob, how bad could this be"???

Bob the pilot: "Well, actually, the Cessna 150 has fixed gear, it can't be retracted".

CNN: "If it's been fixed, why won't it retract"???

Bob the pilot: "No, I meant it's in a fixed position. This aircraft does not have retractable gear".

CNN: "How will this effect the pilot"???

Bob the pilot: "It generally a little safer than flying an aircraft with retractable gear. The pilot can't forget to extend the gear, and there's no possibility of a gear malfunction".

CNN: "So you mean it wont explode"???

Bob the pilot: "Probably not".

CNN: Breaking news: Dick Cheney is making a speech.

Breaking News ! ! !

The C-150 just crashed into a cemetary, so far crews have found 28 bodies. Recovery crews plan on working through the night.

Now THAT was funny! I did find it quite humerous when the guy on Fox News said, "Well, he's going to have to circle for a while...you know these airplanes weigh in the neighborhood of 20,000 #'s..." 20K #'s is my Falcon 20 without the gas....

Omg, omg, Horizon, you having me cracking up today! I bet your fun to fly with! We watch it too, on the serious note, I was praying for a great outcome, but omg, they were on the tv really saying all the wrong things, 25,00 gallons? Maybe but I always thought it was pounds when putting fuel on board, Maybe it is different on the G5.

YOur breaking news thread really made my night! Glad to see participants not be GD serious!

Thanks for making me laugh Horizon!

It was far to amusing to hear the "experts" on the news try to explain the goings on.

"what hes going to do here is just circle the airport and try to get the gear pins down"

CNN reporter to "expert"... "what EXACTLY is the captain telling the passengers at this point?"

"if they land, wont the plane just explode?"

LMFAO

Not to really bust on the guy, but his name was Bob Somethingorother and his expert credentials as he described on air were, "Well, I'm a Commercially rated pilot with an IFR rating (not to bust on that 'cuz I was, too) and I have 5,000 hours". I can certainly understand 5,000 is a lot of time, however don't you think the news agency could pic someone with at least the type rating in the airplane they're watching???? Heck, even a Fox anchorman said, "And something else it could be is the chocks...those are the big, rubber, triangular things that keep the airplane from rolling. One of those could have gotten stuck when he took off..." Ugggg..... At least CNN had a former G-V instructor and none other than John King of King Schools - but he didn't do any goofy jokes like in the video tapes!! LOL

I just love it when they say "The pilot is going to attempt an emergency landing"

Attempt?

If that doesn't work we'll come back around and try for a crash!

pilotpat said:
I can certainly understand 5,000 is a lot of time, however don't you think the news agency could pic someone with at least the type rating in the airplane they're watching????

"What's a type rating?"

Any aircraft heavier than 12,500 lbs needs a special permit for the PIC to fly it called a type rating. Also when you are typed on that specific aircraft (ex: B737)you cannot be PIC in another aircraft (ex: Md80). It is an aircraft type specific license.

Last edited:
john king did say something goofy. can't remember what it was.

honestly, i listened to him for a while before i realized who it was. thought it was just some old man instructor in oregon.

Latest resources

Back