Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetSpeed219

Live on the news Express Jet ERJ-145 gear/tire problems

On the local news here in Dallas there is a Express Jet ERJ-145 that blew both tires on the left main gear on takeoff and there is nothing left I guess on the rim. Will be attempting a landing here shortly.......

Last edited:
ya im watching cnn about it and i hate the friggin news they cant report sh@t right. they even had the dude from the king videos as and aviation expert.

its such a non-event they booted it from tv for the local news.......

Heehee, well at least John King is more of an aviation expert than the folks they usually have on there.

Well now they are asking wether or not they will foam the runway.

Now they at least have a retired US Air pilot talking on CNN. No if the news anchor would stop interjecting is opinion and let the guy talk, I wouldn't be fighting the urge to throw soemtihng at the TV.

Last edited:
Now they're asking why not fly the entire route and deal with the problem in Minni

Soverytired said:
(now would be a good time to call your girlfriend, your wife, your chief pilot, then ALPA . . .in that order.)

No...call ALPA first. Put your girlfriend and you wife on confrence call and come clean with both of them, then thank God. After that, your Chief Pilot should be notified. Crew scheduling is leaving voicemails all the while to make sure you'll be available for your next turn.

Latest resources

Back