• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xcr600

Its been slow but I did find this today:

Form 8-K for MAIR HOLDINGS INC
12-Oct-2005
Other Events

Item 8.01. Other Events. On October 11, 2005, Northwest Airlines, Inc. ("Northwest") made a semi-monthly payment of approximately $15.7 million to Mesaba Aviation, Inc. ("Mesaba"), a wholly owned subsidiary of MAIR Holdings, Inc. ("MAIR"), for services provided by Mesaba during the last half of September 2005 under an Airline Services Agreement dated August 29, 2005 (the "ASA"). Northwest netted out and reduced the payment by approximately $3.3 million from the total amount due to Mesaba for amounts that Northwest asserts represent prepetition claims against Mesaba. As a result of Northwest's recent actions, Mesaba now estimates that Northwest has received and not paid for services performed by Mesaba under the ASA valued at approximately $30 million. Mesaba continues to assess whether a court supervised restructuring under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code is an appropriate alternative to address its financial situation.
Separately, MAIR continues to assess the impact of Mesaba's alternatives and MAIR's available options relative to Mesaba's situation.

Hmmmm, what does it all mean?

I cant figure out for the life of me what Mesaba would gain from BK. There pay is industry standard at best! That goes for pilots, flight attendants and ground crew. Where will the get this cost saving restructering?

I know that I am missing something, and I know this is and has been part of NWA's big overall plan that has been in the crafting for some time.

I'm confused too. Didn't NWA miss payment to Pinnacle too? So why aren't they threating bankruptcy too? And if NWA don't pay XJ everyone could work for free and XJ would still lose money.

Smarta$$ said:
I cant figure out for the life of me what Mesaba would gain from BK. There pay is industry standard at best! That goes for pilots, flight attendants and ground crew. Where will the get this cost saving restructering?

Dude:

As a former XJer and (furloughed) NWAer, I can offer you that the guys that have the avatar of the kid P!$$ing on the NWA logo have it backwards, NWA is now starting to P!$$ on the kid...

Proposed mainline DC9 capt rate is $99/hr. If that happens, what will a SF3 CA be worth to XJ?

The whole of NWA branded flying, mainline and regional, is circling the drain.

Tough hombres in Eagan running the show, will be tough to change their plans...

Thats fine lower our pay bringing it down to colgans scale. But I won't work for that so I will walk - now spend 15 million dollars retraining all the pilots not to mention all the revenue lost in the interim.

I will work for industry average wages but not lower. Go ahead NWA and try to get me lower we aren't in the same boat as you. Or at least we shouldn't be except we have sell outs for leaders so we will probably get screwed in the end. Forget everything I just said above.

Also Bankruptcy will get rid of our scope and then they can sell us off in pieces or have big sky do all the saab flying etc etc etc.

Smarta$$ said:

I know that I am missing something, and I know this is and has been part of NWA's big overall plan that has been in the crafting for some time.

How about.............Furloughing "out of order", thereby saving millions in training costs, not to mention pissing off the most senior people (Avro Captains) and watching your bottom line decrease as they resign in disgust!! - Who could blame them!
Somewhere in all of this, BigSky is going to come out of nowhere and we won't be laughing!!!!!!!!!
Just food for thought.

lets all stay home for a week--at all airlines--what could they do---NOTHING-the CEOs would have to come up with a business plan!!!!

THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!CUT SALARIES that is it!

Latest resources

Back