Linear Air Eclipses - Any Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

So, it's been awhile since I've seen an update on Linear Air and its Eclipse operation out of Bedford. How is it going? How many do you have on the line? Are most pilots still coming from the Caravans or are pilots being hired directly into the Eclipses? Anyone here have experience flying the Eclipse yet - how do you like it (beyond the tight space up front)?

Lastly, does Linear Air still plan to open Eclipse bases on the West Coast? I think that is what someone mentioned a few months back (before the current economic situation).

PMs are also welcome.

Linear Air took delivery of its third Eclipse Jet two weeks ago. The company now operates three EA-500s and five C-208s.

One Eclipse Jet has been moved to KHEF and will support that domicile.

A fourth VLJ is off the Eclipse production line and awaiting delivery to Linear. If all goes well, that should occur by mid-May.

The company is currently still hiring.

Linear Air took delivery of its third Eclipse Jet two weeks ago. The company now operates three EA-500s and five C-208s.

One Eclipse Jet has been moved to KHEF and will support that domicile.

A fourth VLJ is off the Eclipse production line and awaiting delivery to Linear. If all goes well, that should occur by mid-May.

How's Linear doing out of HEF? Sounds like it must be doing well if it moved an Eclipse down there.

Looks pretty narrow to me - almost as wide as a Bonanza. Check out this flight right over the top of Catalina airport off LA (fast forward 70% of the way through the video to watch the tight approach):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU9Uwx6aJtU

Compared to a Global, yes. But many customers are surprised to find it roomier than they thought. Go sit in it and you'll find it to fit nicely, especially compared to other light and very light jets. By the way i'm talking about the cockpit.

I have attempted to apply twice now. My word processor is apparently not compatible with the Linear Air jobs Website. I keep getting an error message and cannot get my resume to paste in the space provided. Is there another means of getting the infomation to the CP. I will fax it, mail it, Fedex it, send it via carrier pidgeon, speak it slowly into a dictation machine, or simply drive and hand carry. Please reply here or send a pm. I have more than the minimums and live about 30 minutes from HEF, a good fit I'd say.

The EA-50 is roomy in the cockpit and that's coming from me at 6'0" 250lbs+. It gets cramped when they put the optional 4th seat in the back for the pax, but for me with the side sticks giving me more leg room I fit just fine. I hear Sean the CP out there is paying well for Eclipse captains.

Getting any interest from laid off Dayjet pilots? I would expect that you get some resumes for the HEF and BED Eclipse positions...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back