Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Linear Air Eclipses - Any Updates?

That's not good news. Are the airplanes being moved to HPN or BED or going elsewhere? If you have any more info can you pm me? I'm in the middle of the interview process with them.

I believe the planes would be moved to HPN or BED. Those are the hot market now. I do not know why the DC market never took off. I guess DC was saturated with Charter companys.

I guess the new pay raise they gave to the pilots has hurt them. To my friends at HEF hang in there. I know it's is expensive to move to HPN or to Commute if they provide you guys with hotels. But If they are hurting for cash I don't expect them to pay for rooms.

The company has the right business model but I believe they picked the wrong airplane (eclipse). They should have waited for the Phenom. Great company to work for.

Last edited:
I believe the planes would be moved to HPN or BED. Those are the hot market now. I do not know why the DC market never took off. I guess DC was saturated with Charter companys.

I guess the new pay raise they gave to the pilots has hurt them. To my friends at HEF hang in there. I know it's is expensive to move to HPN or to Commute if they provide you guys with hotels. But If they are hurting for cash I don't expect them to pay for rooms.

The company has the right business model but I believe they picked the wrong airplane (eclipse). They should have waited for the Phenom. Great company to work for.

How many Eclipses do you guys have on firm order? How many will you get through 08?

I agree about the Phenom - that will be an awesome airplane and many companies are buying it including:

www.jetsuite.com

How many Eclipses do you guys have on firm order? How many will you get through 08?

I agree about the Phenom - that will be an awesome airplane and many companies are buying it including:

www.jetsuite.com

I don't work for them anymore. I left last year. I got tired of the wait to fly the jet. So I moved on to the regional and never looked back. I am happy where I am right now.

Ask Frznpilot he still work for them. Last time I talked to him they had 3 eclipse and 4 caravans. I know they sold 2. Last time I was with the company they had about 7 or 8 caravans and 1 eclipse collecting dust in the hanger in bed.

I would like to know if they flew a lot of charter flights durning the holiday weekend? Any one that works for them want's to answer that?

Sorry its been a couple of days of riding the waves and taking care of other business.

The latest is HEF is officially 'deactivated' to support the New York market. Nothing has been finalized, but it looks like HEF pilots and planes will rotate up to HPN at least temporarily. Total fleet right now is 5 Caravans and 4 Eclipses. One Caravan is currently for sale.

Memorial Day was decent, I think we had 5 planes flying overall.

As for the Eclipse, its much like a town car. You only really want it for short range (under 1.5 hours) with a couple people and light bags. Sitting in the back is quite comfortable.

Emergency Inspection Of Personal Jets Urged

POSTED: 5:44 pm MDT June 12, 2008
UPDATED: 6:56 pm MDT June 12, 2008

[COLOR=red! important][FONT=ARIAL,][COLOR=red! important][FONT=ARIAL,]WASHINGTON[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], D.C. -- Federal safety investigators are recommending the immediate inspection of throttles on small personal jets manufactured by the Albuquerque-based Eclipse Aviation after one made an emergency landing in [COLOR=red! important][FONT=ARIAL,][COLOR=red! important][FONT=ARIAL,]Chicago[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR].

The National Transportation Safety Board urges the Federal Aviation Administration to require the immediate inspection of all [COLOR=red! important][FONT=ARIAL,][COLOR=red! important][FONT=ARIAL,]Eclipse[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] 500 aircraft. The NTSB also said the company must develop an emergency procedure for dual-engine control failure on that aircraft.

NTSB Chairman Mark Rosenker said the Eclipse 500 is still a new aircraft model and the safety issue needs "immediate attention."

More @
http://www.koat.com/news/16591743/detail.html

The emergency AD has come out and includes revised QRH procedures for engine control failures. It now has us try to reset the FADECs if this should occur. Thankfully this little oversight of the QRH now has some filler, and I hope the procedure works as advertised; and that I never have to use it.

Latest resources

Back