Lineair air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyinTim

I saw one of their airplanes on MVY, looks like a solid company, and hiring FO's for the Caravan... anyone know anything about the company?

They are owned at least in part by a well known aerobatics guy. I think they have a couple of caravans now, and are allegedly gonna buy into the VLJs in a few years. They fly a lot to the MVY, ACK and up to ski country in the winter. They are based at BED. They keep the planes very clean. There is more to tell, but that's all I'm gonna divulge on this public forum.

I know that at 900 hours you probably have the itch to move on to a little larger plane with a different mission from flight instructing. I know I did. But with 900 hours, you're right around the corner from meeting 135 PIC mins- there are tons of freight companies who will hire someone as a PIC with right at 1200 hours and it's much higher quality time than SIC in a van. I currently fly a caravan and I'm not even sure what I'd do with a copilot- I guess I could task him with always remembering to get the coffee at all our stops or something, beyond that, I can't even imagine any functions that he could perform. It's an awesome plane, a blast to fly, but dirt simple, but it's virtually the definition of a single-pilot plane. A copilot is pretty un-necessary. Hang in there, crank out those last 300 hours and get yourself into a 135 cargo job- it's great experience and you'll really be glad you did it. Look into Airnet if you want to move on right away- they have an SIC program that is strictly designed to help an otherwise qualified applicant crank out 100 or so hours a month and get to the left seat right away. It's different from flying SIC in the caravan at a place like Linear because there are really no 1201 hour SICs at Airnet, the minute you hit 1200 hours you're expected to take an open PIC position. If you can't wait to move on, I think that might be a good route for you- I'd bet that it pays better than Linear too.

If you are from the Bedford, Ma area I think this would be a good job for you. Their schedule is 5 days a week and 98% are day trips out and back. I'm sure once you got your 135 PIC time you would seat swap on legs (i'm not sure what their policy is). Caravan PIC pays around 30K, which for New England is slightly low as some other Caravan operators in NE (AirNow, Wiggings). BUT, is the word though... If they get the VLJ like they've been talking about... I think that would be a good place to be and you would all ready be a member of their company. A friend of mine works there and he likes it. If I found out about this company about a year ago and knew more about them I would be trying to get a job there.

thanks guys

yes, instructing is getting VERY old.. i am getting killed over here, and need to move on.. but waiting is an option, i am just looking for something in the area..

FO on a 208?

Does anybody know what they pay for a captain spot? I am just curious, I already have a good SINGLE PILOT job on a 208. I just want to know if they pay captains extra to put up with some green FO who is only crowding the cockpit?!

I can only comment on their website, which is very professional looking.

Apparently, according to the site, the Caravan travels at 'near jet speed', and can fly 'above most weather'....interesting - check it out

Latest resources

Back