• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Line Up and Wait" - Let's Hear it for Globalization

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And cost three times as much to operate. The G-V/550 market segment is a niche at best if you ask me. The Legacy 600 will do the 0-3500 NM segment more efficiently and the 650 will do the 0-4000 NM segment more efficiently. If you need 6000 NM charter a Global with the $ u saved operating a Legacy. It is a no brainer.

Embraer beats Gulfstream in reliability, redundancy, DOC and automation of systems. The G-Whiz still hangs onto technology from three decades ago. I will take my EMB any day. Most of the people who buy the Embraer could afford the Gulfstream they're just smart with their money. The Embraer is a way better value. More bang for the buck. Rich people don't get that way wasting their money on stuff they don't need.

I thought your are flying a citation of some type?

A G-V for $18M? That kinda blows G200's "residual value" argument.

Ld the Legacy obsession has entertainment value, if anything.....but you really, really wanna stay away from stuff you clearly have no idea about - like aircraft value and why people actually buy these things.

;)

The Legacy 600 will do the 0-3500 NM segment more efficiently

... As long as you don't mind a fuel stop, since the Legacy 600 doesn't even have 3,500 nm of range, according to Embraer. :laugh: To get it to go 3,250 nm (Embraer marketing material specified max range), you must have four or fewer pax, and fly at LRC. Really, that's not competitive with a Gulfstream, Dassault, or Bombardier product with similar mission profiles.

The Legacy may be more efficient, but I've yet to meet someone who can afford a "real" corporate jet, and instead chose the Legacy. As you may recall, when I was flying an individual, a Legacy demo unit was on the ground, and my pax took a look. His wife thought that the Legacy interior looked like "plastic," and he thought that the whole interior felt "cheap" and "wannabe corporate-jet like." Not exactly positive attributes..

I'm done with this gay argument. Legacy beats the book always. It isn't designed to go 6000 nm. It will do 3400+ fully loaded. I did it for four years. The 650 is gonna blow it all up. EMB continues to steal market share from everyone. It is an awesome machine and can handle 15 legs a day until hell freezes over--while delivering the owner a profit. I'm done here. Kiss my f'ing azz, Josh. Friend? Not.

I'm done with this gay argument. Legacy beats the book always. It isn't designed to go 6000 nm. It will do 3400+ fully loaded. I did it for four years. The 650 is gonna blow it all up. EMB continues to steal market share from everyone. It is an awesome machine and can handle 15 legs a day until hell freezes over--while delivering the owner a profit. I'm done here. Kiss my f'ing azz, Josh. Friend? Not.

Wow Jason -- I was just stating my opinion. It wasn't intended as a personal attack on you.

As far as the Legacy going 3,400NM fully loaded, I haven't heard that it has so much range from other Legacy pilots. Given that published range is 3,250nm, I must ask, did have a tailwind when you did the 3,400NM leg?

Last edited:
It will do 3400+ fully loaded. I did it for four years.

I'm not sure how you're defining "fully loaded". The Legacy 600 does not have this range, still air, with full fuel. And if you have full fuel, you have many empty seats.

But I'm sure Embraer would love to have you as a demo pilot LD :laugh:

The Legacy 600 has 3450 NM range. The older models claimed 3250 NM with reserves (but were actually better). I have filled the tanks and all the seats (legally) and made those #s without a problem. You have about 20,000-21,000 lbs of useful load (depending on BOW -- every airplane is different) and can carry around 18,500# of gas. That leaves 2000# to 2500# for people and stuff. The 650 has a higher MTOW and carries even more fuel and will have more useful load. Basically the 600 is gonna' go away because the 650 is a better airplane for not much more money.
And if your boss thinks leather seats and varnished hardwood looks like plastic I have to ask how a man so stupid can afford a jet at all. I found the Legacy interior superior to the vaunted Falcon for sure. The first couple "P" demonstrator interiors were not that good IMHO (too heavy, fit needed tweaking, etc.) but that was 150+ airplanes ago. Get with the program.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back