Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Likely American Eagle Fleet Reduction - Article With Another Crazy Boyd Prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I said from day one of AMR's BK filing that the eagle guys were ********************ed. All the talk was about how the AA guys were going to lose the pension, lose pay, work rules, etc..., but at the end of the day, those guys(all of them IMO) will still have jobs, and good jobs at that. The AE guys however are going to get screwed because I can see AMR parking almost every airplane Eagle has except the -700's and then just farming out the flying to shed themselves of the $$$ liability that AE was costing them every year. AMR knew what they were going to do when they transferred the leases(or whatever they did) of those aircraft from Eagle to AMR earlier in the year.

Good for AA. Time to cut the RJ losses.

Perhaps what we need is legislation that requires all American flying to be done with American pilots with American airplanes. Same for US Airways/United/Delta.....

Looks like scope is on the chopping block. About time. No union can protect jobs ny dictating business decisions. Regionals will gravitate to larger guage aircraft and AMR is kicking off the parade. I see 100 seaters going to regional partners. Or APA and ALPA are going to have to treat regional pilots as equals. I'm tired of being pissed on by DALPA and being told It's raining. Treat us as equals or we'll run under your bar. Just like everyone did to the Comair pilots. Limbo this Moak!

Looks like scope is on the chopping block. About time. No union can protect jobs ny dictating business decisions. Regionals will gravitate to larger guage aircraft and AMR is kicking off the parade. I see 100 seaters going to regional partners. Or APA and ALPA are going to have to treat regional pilots as equals. I'm tired of being pissed on by DALPA and being told It's raining. Treat us as equals or we'll run under your bar. Just like everyone did to the Comair pilots. Limbo this Moak!

Absolutely not. A judge will not give unilateral decisions to management, he will likely allow them to negotiate. The APA will probably give them more 70 or some 76 seaters, but nothing larger. It didn't happen in any of the other BKs. The smallest mainline plane ordered by AMR is the 124 seat A319, and even they stated it was for AA mainline, at a B-scale rate though. The APA won't give that up. The other large legacies are doing well financially, so no scope erosion there either. You need a drug test.

Godspeed!

OYS

Creating an Eagle based compensation package for airplanes under 124 seats and combining the seniority lists would seem like an easy solution to all of this. AMR has the homogeneity to accomplish this where it would be impossible at DAL or UAL.

Latest resources

Back