Likelihood of terrorists flying for airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

migio

I had this discussion with a fellow crewmember recently.Could it happen? I think it could easily,despite the 10 year background check,any thoughts? I could see some of these guys trying this next and then taking out the Captain or FO(depending on which one they are) one day on the job after having flown for an airline for several years.

F9 Buff said:
That has got to be one determined terrorist if he is willing to bust his butt for all the ratings, time building, the hiring process, and all the other crap that goes along with being a pilot just to crash a plane into some people.

There has to be easier ways to rub out a bunch of folks than that!

True.....However,I hear they really want to use an airplane again as a missile,and I really believe they will do whatever it takes to make it happen again and possibly to an even greater magnitude the second time around.Think about it,it would be very hard if not impossible to prevent this from occuring,thats why i think they might try this next.These guys have patience,thats for sure.

migio said:
I could see some of these guys trying this next and then taking out the Captain or FO(depending on which one they are) one day on the job after having flown for an airline for several years.
It's already happened or been attempted. A large freight company had an attempted hijacker on a suicide mission and a PSA BAC-146 on the west coast was crashed after an airline employee got a gun on board the aircraft, shooting his supervisor and the two pilots.

Also, they believe Egypt Air was doomed by a pilot. It's nothing new.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
It's already happened or been attempted. Once with a large freight company and once with a PSA BAC-146 on the west coast.

"large freight company"

Why don't you just say Fedex ?

Flyer1015 said:
"large freight company"

Why don't you just say Fedex ?
Because, everyone knows what incident I'm talking about. Next, I'm going to wait for the first 25 year old to tell me that PSA don't have 146's.

FN FAL said:
Because, everyone knows what incident I'm talking about. Next, I'm going to wait for the first 25 year old to tell me that PSA don't have 146's.

Well, everyone also knows about the Bae-146 accident. He actually succeeded in murdering both pilots and having the aircraft crashing. So why name PSA but not name Fedex? Both events are well known (infamous).

F9 Buff said:
That has got to be one determined terrorist if he is willing to bust his butt for all the ratings, time building, the hiring process, and all the other crap that goes along with being a pilot just to crash a plane into some people.

There has to be easier ways to rub out a bunch of folks than that!

howzit several years and all the other crap? come on, junior, a six month stint at allatps, followed by a guaranteed interview w/ colgan, ae, xjet, psa, etc. is all there is

just click on the yellow banner in the upper right portion of the screen, mohammed, and be sure to bring about 60k. we'll see you in the right seat in a bout a year

dont thank me, thank the american way

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back