Likelihood of terrorists flying for airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
It's already happened or been attempted. A large freight company had an attempted hijacker on a suicide mission and a PSA BAC-146 on the west coast was crashed after an airline employee got a gun on board the aircraft, shooting his supervisor and the two pilots.

Also, they believe Egypt Air was doomed by a pilot. It's nothing new.

I have to disagree.It is something new.Neither of those accidents had a terrorist crewmember simply drive one into a building after simply taking out the Captain or FO next to him.

BenderGonzales said:
I can see it now....

4:30 AM <<RING...RING>>

(Abdul wakes from his slumber...)

Abdul: "Hello? Is this scheduling? You know you guys aren't supposed to call during rest!"

Muhammed: "Abdul. This is Muhammed. It is time my brother."

Abdul: "Time? Time for what? Did I miss the van?"

Muhammed: "It is time for you to complete your mission! 50 virgins await you!"

Abdul: "Really? Wow. Hey, listen. I just got off of reserve. I'm finally holding a pretty good line with weekends off. How about we wait until after the holidays?"

Muhammed: "What? No! You must act now. The entire plan depends on you!"

Abdul: "Now? No. I picked up a Las Vegas 3-day and I wanted to bring this slutty flight-attendant I met. You know, a little gambling, a little steak. I'll be a martar some other time."

Muhammed: "Abdul! Allah would be displeased! The Jihad it depends on you!"

Abdul: "(yawn) Listen, I have a 7:00am show this morning. Starting a 4-day. The bids come out next week, I might be able to hold 737 Captain out of Phoenix. Why dont you give me a call next summer and we'll see how things look?"

<click>

LOL!!! Got my daily laugh earlier than usual today...thanks!

The Egypt air pilot just wanted to end his life and had no intent of using the aircraft he was flying as a missile to knock down a building or two,at least from what i heard.Again,im talking about a jihadist becoming a FO or even Captain,and then slamming one into a tall structure.This HAS NOT been attempted yet,because if it had,we would have heard about it by now because it most likely would have succesfully happened.All one of these guys has to do is live a normal life in the states for 10 years(no trips to the middle east and no money funneling,theyll pay for all there ratings and what not on there own)and then go through some accelerated flight program to get on with some airline in no time.

migio said:
I have to disagree.It is something new.Neither of those accidents had a terrorist crewmember simply drive one into a building after simply taking out the Captain or FO next to him.
Those weren't accidents sonny and the etiquette rules of dating still apply. Regardless of whether the captain takes out the first officer or the first officer takes out the captain, if they go "Dutch Treat", there shouldn't be any expectation that the date had any strings attached.

FN FAL said:
Those weren't accidents sonny and the etiquette rules of dating still apply. Regardless of whether the captain takes out the first officer or the first officer takes out the captain, if they go "Dutch Treat", there shouldn't be any expectation that the date had any strings attached.

Call them what you will.The PSA 146 and the large freight company events(i hope thats the right word to describe them for you)are not scenarios im talking about sunshine.

They(terrorists) are probably well on there way to becoming airliner crewmembers and some probably allready are.This is what im talking about FN FAL,not some disgruntled employees.

migio said:
...not some disgruntled employees.
I agree, lack of gruntlement, is no reason to go postal with an airliner.

BenderGonzales said:
I can see it now....

4:30 AM <<RING...RING>>

(Abdul wakes from his slumber...)

Abdul: "Hello? Is this scheduling? You know you guys aren't supposed to call during rest!"

Muhammed: "Abdul. This is Muhammed. It is time my brother."

Abdul: "Time? Time for what? Did I miss the van?"

Muhammed: "It is time for you to complete your mission! 50 virgins await you!"

Abdul: "Really? Wow. Hey, listen. I just got off of reserve. I'm finally holding a pretty good line with weekends off. How about we wait until after the holidays?"

Muhammed: "What? No! You must act now. The entire plan depends on you!"

Abdul: "Now? No. I picked up a Las Vegas 3-day and I wanted to bring this slutty flight-attendant I met. You know, a little gambling, a little steak. I'll be a martar some other time."

Muhammed: "Abdul! Allah would be displeased! The Jihad it depends on you!"

Abdul: "(yawn) Listen, I have a 7:00am show this morning. Starting a 4-day. The bids come out next week, I might be able to hold 737 Captain out of Phoenix. Why dont you give me a call next summer and we'll see how things look?"

<click>

Now that was good!

migio said:
They(terrorists) are probably well on there way to becoming airliner crewmembers and some probably allready are.This is what im talking about FN FAL,not some disgruntled employees.
Then what do you suggest we do, start polygraphing all airline employees hired since 9/11?

FN FAL said:
No, you saw somebody else ask and then you pooped in your hand and tossed it, just like the other simian.

What?!?

*Your* post was:

It's already happened or been attempted. A large freight company had an attempted hijacker on a suicide mission and a PSA BAC-146 on the west coast was crashed after an airline employee got a gun on board the aircraft, shooting his supervisor and the two pilots.

Also, they believe Egypt Air was doomed by a pilot. It's nothing new.

Which, btw, I see you went back and edit a little bit.

And that was followed immediately with *my* post (the next post in the thread):

"large freight company"

Why don't you just say Fedex ?

So I ask you, what exactly was this suppose to mean:
FN FAL said:
No, you saw somebody else ask and then you pooped in your hand and tossed it, just like the other simian.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back