Like Taking Candy From a Baby!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cvsfly said:
.. 61.23 "...end of last day of...6 th. mo. after the month of the date of examination.."

Just to be clear on language, since the answer seams to be July. I have gotten in the habit of renewing same time every year and some logbook programs will calculate it for June. A 28 Jan 05 issue date - start counting from FEB as month 1 to end of 6th mo. = JUL.

I can see i did not give enough info and i apologize for that, we have resolved this issue and for the curious it was a 135 jet pilot flying pax. i see that in the heat of the moment i left out enough info for the guru's on this site. sorry about that, i was not trying to trick or deceive, just making a point. we were merely talking about my upcoming medical when a friend( fresh private pilot license) told me something alarming. she wouldn't listen to me so i posted it here to get a quicker answer. By the way she thought I wouldn't need a new medical until next January, which would be ok for a part 91 gig only requiring a second class.

I did learn one thing from this post too. I never realized that the regs were on the web. i thought that the FAR post was just to ask questions on this forum. ( which is where this question should have been asked, sorry) anyway than again

A first class is only good for six months period. The reason you guys go to a year when not carrying passengers is because you are exercising the priveledges of a second class for the second six months. A first is only for SIX months

A first class is only good for six months period. The reason you guys go to a year when not carrying passengers is because you are exercising the priveledges of a second class for the second six months. A first is only for SIX months

Any medical certificate you get is "good" for 36 months if you are less than 40, and 24 months if you are older than 40, period. You can only use the first class for 6 months if your operation requires an ATP, and you are sitting in the captain seat. Likewise, you can only use the first class for 12 months if your operation requires a commercial (regardless of seat position). We are required to have an ATP in the E120 for insurance purposes only (company requirement, not FAR requirement). So, we can go for a year on the first class. The medical is what it is, and that is a first class medical, no matter if it is 3 months old or 20 months old.

July. You don't count the month you got the medical in. This is true for 1st class only. For 2nd class it's best to get it the early in the month of possible. Jan 1st medical=Jan 31st due for second class, due July 30 for 1st class. Clear as mud, right? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back