• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lightspeed Zulu headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with you on most of Bose's product line, but their headset is definitely comfortable and quiet. The only two things I care about. :) And, yes, both of these headsets are "over-priced", but they sell 'em.

www.uflymike.com

They look interesting.
I am looking for my first ANR headset to replace my DC's.
Key feature I am looking for is weight and external audio hookup (mp3)

MP3/ipod input. Works great. I bought the Bose QC2 off eBay and ordered the mic from www.ufkymike.com. I have $400 in the whole setup, vs. over double that for the Bose X.

Impressive - wish I'd though of it.

Nice review!
Hopefully someone who flies the embraer can comment on their performance.

For about three months I have owned both the Bose X headset and the new LightSPEED Zulu headset (actually, three of them). Because of this, and the fact that I've been asked elsewhere a number of times for my impressions of the two, I finally sat down to write it up.

It is admittedly long, but I hope it helps a few of you in your search.

The review is uploaded here:

http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=289

I have the lightspeed 30's. The ANR is awesome and the music dimming feature is superb. MUCH better than the BOSE or any other headset out there.

Within 2 days, my Zulu had broke: the volume switch on the right side broke off, and although not major, it was really annoying.

I took it back to the shop where I bought it and they replaced it at once with a new one.

A week later, the same thing happened on the new one! :(

Then I was contacted by the shop, saying Lightspeed wanted to replace the entire headset because of a factory defect (the shop was kind of vague about the details)....so I now have a brand new zulu with absolutely no changes to the overall headset but the fact that the latest one came with an operating manual. :laugh:

I hope it lasts through the summer!

-FW

Yup, most definitely.

No problems thus far, very comfortable and still provide great noise cancellation.

All that said, I still think (on my head) the Bose are a bit more comfortable, althought they obviously lack the Bluetooth connectivity and auxiliary plug in option (if those are important to you....they are not to me).

How well do zulu and bose x work in the RJ cockpit?

Don't know about the Zulu, but the Bose is great. I recently had to send my Bose in for servicing (first time in five years for a small problem) and used my DC's for a few weeks. The DC's were very uncomfortable for any period of time. They were fine before I knew about the Bose, but I'd rather use the Bose, or go headsetless than use the DCs.

Latest resources

Back