Lightspeed Mach 1 headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mach 1

Mine are on order. Once I get them, I will make some posts to share how they work in the jet.

So far, no one has got one. They are delayed on getting them out, should be sometime next week or the week after.

I was pretty taken with the idea, but not the price when I saw them advertised. It's my prediction you'll see $70 chinese knock-offs within a year and these will revolutionize headsets. It will be nice not to carry the dinosaurs of the past around....

Lilah

Yeah, you'll have to let us know how they work for you. Seems a little expensive, but hopefully the price will come down. What I really wanna know is how is the Ipod compatibility?

tried on both at oshkosh and Clarity aloft gets my vote by far.
The comfort and quality were both far worse on the lightspeed than the Aloft headset and thus I made my purchase. I also felt like the ear plugs it uses didnt reduce as much noise. I have had the Aloft headset since july and love it in piston aircraft....no idea about jets.
Get a stereo-stereo cord and ipod plugs in in 2 seconds.
My .02

The only problem I see about the Clarity Aloft Headsets (not sure about the lightspeeds I assume they use the same type ear pieces) is the replaceable earpieces. It says they shoud be replaced every 4-5 flights. Hell I do that every day, could get expensive and annoying.

Has anyone used those clarity aloft head seats in the ERJ? It gets pretty loud from the wind noise in there. Most guys wear David Clarks (the company provides them in the aircraft), a few wear the Telex 750 with ear plugs, and a few wear the 5X5s.

Definitly not the same on both of them. I find I replace my clarity aloft earpieces as advertised about once a month doing flight instruction and an average amount of flying....though towards the end, you can tell the seal starts to give a bit so if you fly a lot you may be apt to change them every 3 weeks or so....still not bad.....6 sets are like $20...at 3 weeks, thats 18 weeks/$20.

Why is it that everyone seems to think that these are a revolutionary new design? I've had my set from Panther Electronics (the stereo model with the boom mike) for about a year now. Plus, you don't have to replace the ear molds and you get 46db of reduction. Hands down no comparison.

Latest resources

Back