• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lightning strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gee, it's been about a week since I've seen Crusty the Clown and Whine-stein make some anti-Airtran posts. Welcome back idiots.

Why not just start a thread that says "Airtran Sucks" Look at all of the honest attempts to explain what they're saying.
If you really do hate Airtran, just make the thread and walk away. Don't make us all go through this again. Please, c'mon, Just make the thread. Thanks

I thought the article was straight forward about what happen. It said a lightning bolt hit the aircraft shortly after takeoff. To me this seems like Vr till probably 2000 AGL. No matter what way you look at it..... it ain't good. Static discharge is a lot different and will/can happen outside of a thunderstorm. True, you can be hit by lighnting up to 30 nm away. Thats up in the upperatmoshpere. Getting hit at this altitude only means one thing, they were way to close.. and it wasn't static discharge.:cartman:

CatfishVT9 said:
Gee, it's been about a week since I've seen Crusty the Clown and Whine-stein make some anti-Airtran posts. Welcome back idiots.

Thank you, I take that with pride CatfishVT9!! We truly are one family aren't we!:laugh:

B-atch said:
Ahhh...I think what he is trying to say is "YOU DO NOT TAKE-OFF if TS are that close to the terminal area, and or you'r projected departure path". If radar was properly used and echoes properly avoided, the a/c should not have been exposed to such a strike.

You've obviously never flown in the midwest for a scheduled airline.

Why don't you ask your boyfriend?

Bosley said:
What would a flight attendant know about anything?

You're wrong, its the theme song from brokeback mountain!

I figure you would have known the theme song to brokeback mountain.

"Asking uppercrust for clarification about something concerning AirTran is akin to asking Hamas to explain the Torah."

Outstanding analogy!

ironspud said:
You've obviously never flown in the midwest for a scheduled airline.

You'r right..... It makes me feel much better knowing that experts like you are willing to launch towards dark-lightning laden clouds. You'r much braver than me....Check out the NTSB archives on WX accidents, particularly during arivals and departures.... Delta 191 comes to mind, amongs others.

Last edited:
B-atch said:
You'r right..... It makes me feel much better knowing that experts like you are willing to launch towards dark-lightning laden clouds. You'r much braver than me....Check out the NTSB archives on WX accidents, particularly during arivals and departures.... Delta 191 comes to mind, amongs others.

Hey if you're scared just say you're scared.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back