life in ORD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wanafly

ORD sounds like a real arm pit! Is it that bad? Looking for info on living in that area. How far out do you have to go for a nice family place to live?

Looking for info on life at ORD.

ORD an armpit????

Maybe the rampers are slow and the WX and major hub system thing causes a domino effect but you don't have to go far from the front door to find great neighborhoods and schools!

If you like public transportation (el/subway), live east of the airport. Otherwise northwest is slightly better than west and southwest. North is good but it's very commercial.

For my money, it's one of the best major- metropolitan airport neighborhoods.

cost of living?

Thats good to hear. I'm not crazy about public transportation but thats probably what I'll have to do to survive FO pay.

there are a lot of cheap apartments in mount prospect (justr north of ord). if you're taking the el....live in the city then (i'd recommend lincoln park).

Agreed! If your a single guy (gal) go live in town. I was in West Loop for a year and had a great time! Bars, clubs, shopping, Wrigley and museums were all just a short walk to the L. Wrigleyville is cool but can be more costly, Lincoln Park was also a good place to live.

Have fun,

S.

family place in ord?

ord sounds interesting.

Where is a good place for an FO to live with wife and 2 kids?

lots of places near ord.

how far away you want to live? do you want to drive to ord or take the el?

Latest resources

Back