• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Life at UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did they say anything about when the 727s will be gone?

ALL 727s gone by August 21, 2007. Two will be in "flyable storage" in ROW but will never fly again. They will be held in storage until they are fully depreciated, then they will be cut up.

So will it be a gradual drawdown of 727 crewmembers via displacement bids throught the year?

Pre,

They didn't address exactly how long it would take to train all the 727 guys, or how it would be accomplished.

I would take anything that 80for80 says with an extremely large grain of salt. He started the thread stating that "hiring would be stopped at UPS" a few days ago, which isn't true. In fact, he never answered the question where he worked or how he got this erroneous info.

How long before holding a line in ANC on the MD11? And how is the commute up there from, say, PHL or EWR? I'm assuming the ANC trips are the week on/week off type of thing.

World has lost 3 FO's to UPS in the last 2 months. I believe one had no internal recs.

The travel between the cities is not bad wit FDX having non stops between EWR and ANC in both directions, UPS having a westbound nonstop, and talk of a PHL nonstop. The bg question is what will the schedules be like, and it is too soon to tell

P.S. one call to my people in training and your next upgrade just got a lot harder

Hey, kidflo. Wow, who are you trying to impress? Put down the remote and step away from the Sopranos' re-runs. You don't bring credit to yourself or your employer. For that matter, you do your friend in the training department a disservice as well by suggesting that he or she would stoop to such unprofessional conduct. Wake up and take some happy pills, my friend.

I know a few over there, none have degrees. However the 76 FO I know does have 1 semester before he dropped out. He was hired in 2000 the others are recent new hires. If you dont have the degree dont even bother with FedEx, even with letters of rec it wont matter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back