• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Life at Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
amt...I know they said no to the options, but like has already been said, those were distant options for after our deliveries through 2010. I know we were still supposed to get the 5 320's next year, then a couple more 318's as well, plus some 319's and more 320's all on firm order. Does anyone remember thelist of a/c orders they sent out about a year ago detailing the delivery schedule for the orders? I thought it was supposed to be something like 12 a/c through 2010 or something like that.

Anyway, growth is coming, but i don't think it will be what we had expected when Potter was here. From what i have heard, the company will be moving in a whole new direction in the future with Menke. I also see hiring to continue for the foreseable future, maybe not 1 or 2 classes per month, but there will be some movement...especially for the FO's...from what i understand...which is fine by me, as long as i move up the list everything's good.

From what I see on Airbus.com it looks like you have 10 A320s on order. This does not include the used ones on the street that I eluded to before.

The 2007 Annual Report states that we have 10 aircraft remaining on firm order, all 320's. We are currently in fiscal year 2008, our fiscal year runs April to March.

That's true, we have a total of 10 more, with 5 to be delivered during calendar year of 2008. As far as adding aircraft to current fleet, I'd really like to see it coming since up-grade comes faster for me. but I don't think that it'll come in the near future (prior 2010). The company wants to focus the growth on Lynx and can easily shift flying to JetExpress (whoever that maybe) to cover the growth...remember, it's a lot cheaper!. Plus, with such a high demand for the A320 a/c family, why do you think we can get a better deal than what we had 5 years ago? FYI... NWA has sold a few A319 to a Russian Airline.

NOT TRYING TO BE PESSIMIST HERE, just been realistic and trying to understand managements position/strategy...

How many E170s will be operated for Frontier? What's their delivery schedule - how many in 08?

I agree that the E170 and A318 are a bit too close for comfort in terms of seating.

As Lynx gets up and running what your going to find is they will replace low yield pax with the higher yielding commuter pax. That combined with a bunch of 70-86 seat RJs there won't be a need for much mainline growth. They will just reallocate the existing seats to more profitable pax.
Thankfully we gave up scope.......#@%$

The last thing anyone would call me is an optimist, but there has to be more aircraft in the future for F9. If you remember the company's justification for lynx in the first place was feed, feed, feed. If lynx ever gets up and running, what are they going to feed into? We are flying full planes morning noon and night. The airbus options that were passed on were for deliveries in the distant future (ie 2010 and beyond). I never believe a rumor but I wouldn't be surprised to see several used airbus purchased in the next year or so. (NWA and JB are selling airbus' today)If lynx is going to be the "revenue generator" than we need airframes to carry the people that lynx is going to bring to Denver and the new 320's have already been allocated to current markets. Who knows what will really happen in the future, good luck wherever you end up.
Perhaps there may be a merger in the works as well. After this weeks statement that Frontier is looking for a partner, perhaps they may have already found one and the deal is being worked. I think we all tend to look in our own little circle and not see the overall big picture outside the ranks of us PILOTS. There many be scenarios that may play out in the world of consolidation and Frontier may be a player in it all. Perhaps no more orders right now for the current Frontier, but the dynamics may change if a merger is waiting in the wings.

I fully expect some sort of merger or acquisition. Who knows when, but it is probably inevitable with an airline our size.

I fully expect some sort of merger or acquisition. Who knows when, but it is probably inevitable with an airline our size.
I hear you. Here at AirTran we just named a new CEO, Bob Fornaro. Many of us expect a merger of some sort in the near future. There is a good possibility it could be with Frontier. The next 12 months shall be interesting. Good luck to you guys.

Considering all the rumors, talks, etc... Would you guys "on the inside" start at Frontier tomorrow if you had the option to move up from a good regional?

If you had to bet...
Would the guy hired tomorrow have a job at Frontier in Denver in 15 years?

Thanks for the insight!
Just trying to figure some things out.

Latest resources

Back