• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Life at CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it a 2 hour callout to your base when they need you? I ask because Im sure there are lots of people who live within a 2 hour drive of these bases however if you add any traffic it would take over that amount of time. Do they airline you to where you need to be or does all of your trips start and end in your domicle?

No it is not a 2 hour callout. You know the night before when you are leaving the next day. You will airline 90 percent of the time unless you live in a MX base like MCO then maybe 70 percent of the time.

Is it a 2 hour callout to your base when they need you? I ask because Im sure there are lots of people who live within a 2 hour drive of these bases however if you add any traffic it would take over that amount of time. Do they airline you to where you need to be or does all of your trips start and end in your domicle?

According to our recent work rule changes, You have to be able to report to your base within 2:30 minutes when at home. That is 30 minutes to dress and pack and 2 hours to drive. In addition, you have to be at the airport for your flight one hour prior, so you should not be given an airline flight that departs less than three and one half hours from the call. That being said, I have never been given a short notice report. I always know what might flight time is well in advance, usually the day before. Now going home is another story.

I have also been called to work from home reserve status(on tour, not assigned an aircraft as normal). They have called and asked me how long it would be for me to realistically get to an airline flight and they have also called and given me travel info. Either way, do the best you can and let them know if it is going to be a problem making the flight. If it is, they will rebook if necessary.

XTW

Any chance of additional bases?

I'm just wondering if CS has any plans for additional home bases like NJ does. It seems that if they are just Airlining (not really a word) you anyway that they could increase QOL by having more departure cities.

Thanks

I'm just wondering if CS has any plans for additional home bases like NJ does. It seems that if they are just Airlining (not really a word) you anyway that they could increase QOL by having more departure cities.

Thanks

It could be worse - CS could have Flexjet's super-limited 4 domicile policy... Regardless, I am sure many people wish CS would lighten up on their 2 hour policy. Netjets doesn't require 2 hours.

Latest resources

Back