LGB departures???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MAK

I can't find any SID's in my Jepps for LGB (Long Beach Airport, CA). Are there any published SID's for LGB?? If not, what is the typical departure like??

Thanks everyone.

B-727 Special Procedure LGB

1)start takeoff at end of runway
2)Set a minima of 1.4 EPR prior to brake release.Set max t.o. thrust at brake release. Reduced thrust take-off not authorized.
3)rotate at Vr, climb at V2+10
4)At 800 feet set 1.7 EPR maintain V2+10
5)At 1500 feet set climb thrust retract flaps on schedule
6)Fly VZF to 3000 feet.
7)At 3000 feet accelerate to 250 kts.
8)Fly ATC clearance as given by ATC-which will be 1500 feet left turn to 180 maintain 5000 feet.

Getting out of LGB

There is a DP for LGB; Anaheim Two (ANAHM2.SLI) although I've never had it assigned.

Typically dinks like me get the Obstacle DP which is Runway heading until 800' left to 200 degrees and then vectors until own navigation

Re: B-727 Special Procedure LGB

TurboS7 said:
1)start takeoff at end of runway
2)Set a minima of 1.4 EPR prior to brake release.Set max t.o. thrust at brake release. Reduced thrust take-off not authorized.
3)rotate at Vr, climb at V2+10
4)At 800 feet set 1.7 EPR maintain V2+10
5)At 1500 feet set climb thrust retract flaps on schedule
6)Fly VZF to 3000 feet.
7)At 3000 feet accelerate to 250 kts.
8)Fly ATC clearance as given by ATC-which will be 1500 feet left turn to 180 maintain 5000 feet.

Actually, you still need to abide by the speed limit below Class B Airspace. A lot of folks are forgetting about this.

Jay Dub

Right out of our FOM FAA approved required procedure, don't follow it and you will get nailed.

So, let me get this right, all I have to do is tell the Feds your FOM say so? Does that really work? Man I've got to try that.

Really, the original poster doesn't list the 727 as a type he's flown, so it isn't relative to him. Second, all of the speed limits are waivable due to operational considerations. I would bet your VP of OPS convinced your POI he doesn't was his 727s flying around with everything hanging out just to keep 200 Kts, so they got it approved for the Op Specs. As for the rest of us, we have to get the ok from ATC, last I knew. I feel this is a point that folks need to remember, especially since there are a whole bunch of GA ops out of there, that don't have the luxury of an FOM

JayDub.

Turbo

I bet your FOM also says that if the FOM and FAR conflict you will follow the most restrictive.

Latest resources

Back