• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Marine Layer?

I thought they closed El Toro MCAS.

Cali-fricken-fornia!!

AA717driver said:
GVFlyer and aeronautic--Unfortunately, the marine layer would have hosed us that night (and most others...).

I'm going to call the noise board tomorrow. I'll let everyone know the result.TC

What a pain in the arse.

Explain it to them in economic terms TC. Fewer flights = fewer tax dollars for their pet projects.

Legacy--They'll just raise taxes and PFC's on JetBlue customers.TC

AA717driver said:
I'm going to call the noise board tomorrow. I'll let everyone know the result.TC

Any word yet?

Noise Nazis...don't even get me started....

I just got busted at SNA...with my 172!!! And then there is a whole other issue at SNA. If the airplane busts...it stays with the airplane for three years...even if it is sold to another operator. In theory, you could buy an airplane that has... unknowingly to you...busted at SNA in the past, with a different operator, and YOU inherit the busts...true story, as it happened to my past company!!

AA717driver said:
The noise nazi's in LGB nailed me earlier this month.

Over the marker in IMC after 11:00 p.m. in a GV. I can call them and they can tell me how to fly more quietly. Yeah, right.

Maybe I can violate my company SOP and wait until I'm halfway down the
G/S before I get configured. Or maybe I'll just stay two dots above the slope until I get near the ground.

Better yet, we'll just not go to F&%@ing LGB anymore! :mad: TC

P.S.--I'll bet English turned me in! :p

skiav8tor said:
Noise Nazis...don't even get me started....

I just got busted at SNA...with my 172!!! And then there is a whole other issue at SNA. If the airplane busts...it stays with the airplane for three years...even if it is sold to another operator. In theory, you could buy an airplane that has... unknowingly to you...busted at SNA in the past, with a different operator, and YOU inherit the busts...true story, as it happened to my past company!!

Go to the FAA and change the N-number. A company I worked for had a bank of N-numbers lined up. They got busted a few times at SMO and got banned. They changed the N-number of the Lear 35 they operated and continued business as normal.

Ill Mitch said:
Go to the FAA and change the N-number. A company I worked for had a bank of N-numbers lined up. They got busted a few times at SMO and got banned. They changed the N-number of the Lear 35 they operated and continued business as normal.

That works. Changed the N# on a GIIB more than once to keep operating in TEB. Long time ago, but I guess that procedure will still work. Anyone know?

Isn't quite that simple...see, the bust follows the serial number, as well as the tail number...not to mention that they keep the pilot info, and operator info on file as well. Then they cross reference every bust to see if there is a match in any of the catagories. I went through all of this with the airport director of SNA, because I thought it seemed a little unfair to inherit 'busts'. He simply stated "that's our policy, and there is nothing you can do about it!". Next, I wrote to NBAA, and AOPA, as well as a friend of mine at Flying, and they all came up with the same response from Mr. Murphy. 'Too bad'...

Ill Mitch said:

Just don't pee in the pool....

AA717driver said:
English--The drinks are coming--I promise! We got in at 10 p.m. and left at 10 the next morning. After 24 of 27 days in a row on the other side of the globe, we were in the get home mode. I'll be spending plenty of time in LAX this winter.

You pick the bar. Something suitably low class... ;) TC

.....she has it rigged with the red dye to root out urinators.....so I have been told!!!

English knows I don't pee in pools. I may have crapped in a flight bag or two in my day, but I don't pee in pools. :D TC

Latest resources

Back