Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA717driver

A simpler time...
The noise nazi's in LGB nailed me earlier this month.

Over the marker in IMC after 11:00 p.m. in a GV. I can call them and they can tell me how to fly more quietly. Yeah, right.

Maybe I can violate my company SOP and wait until I'm halfway down the
G/S before I get configured. Or maybe I'll just stay two dots above the slope until I get near the ground.

Better yet, we'll just not go to F&%@ing LGB anymore! :mad: TC

P.S.--I'll bet English turned me in! :p

These idiots are infiltrating almost every airport with this B.S.

I had an interesting conversation with a certain airport manager at a small airport we frequent. He made his way over to me after we landed and explained to me that he had started a new policy of a "preferred runway" for departures. What it basically amounted to was diverting the departure aircraft away from over the high rent district over the coast and over the low rent district inland. I explained to him that the longest runway (4200') happened to be the one they didn't want us to use. I gave him the address of my boss (who resides right on said departure path) and invited him to take the issue up with him as well as reminded him that we purchase thousands of dollars worth of Jet-A that we DO NOT need just because my boss is a nice guy who wishes to support the local airport.

He seemed to adjust his attitude since and now just smiles and waves as I taxi by... I think the FBO manager muzzled the freak after I relayed what I had told him..

Last edited:
Lgb

TC,

If you don't go back to LGB again you're giving them exactly what they want!

Not to throw stones, but we managed in a GIV a couple of weeks ago, but it took a bit to stay below the 90db SNEL limit.

The trick is to keep going, and not let them have their way.

TransMach

AA717driver said:
P.S.--I'll bet English turned me in! :p

I kept waiting for the call to go out to drinks, and it never came. So I got even. ;)

TC, the noise abatement office publishes a diagram that shows the locations of the noise monitors. If it's VFR, you can get in without busting (though I'm not sure about the dB of your aircraft). But you're right, you'd likely be violating SOP to do it. You'd have to stay high and off-course. But that's normal everyday flying for me :)

English--The drinks are coming--I promise! We got in at 10 p.m. and left at 10 the next morning. After 24 of 27 days in a row on the other side of the globe, we were in the get home mode. I'll be spending plenty of time in LAX this winter.

You pick the bar. Something suitably low class... ;) TC

semperfido said:
i'll be in crew rest-thank you very much :cool:

Yeah, well, I listed YOU as PIC on the flight plan while you were asleep! :D TC

Simple

Simple solution for those late nmight arrivals.

Shuttle Landings!!

TransMach said:
TC,

If you don't go back to LGB again you're giving them exactly what they want!

Not to throw stones, but we managed in a GIV a couple of weeks ago, but it took a bit to stay below the 90db SNEL limit.

The trick is to keep going, and not let them have their way.

TransMach

Although they profess not to do it anymore, the Toyota boys at LGB have had an after 2200 hours procedure where they fly down runway 30 at altitude, then at midfield pull the thrust levers to idle and dead stick the jet around to final.

GV

GVFlyer and aeronautic--Unfortunately, the marine layer would have hosed us that night (and most others...).

I'm going to call the noise board tomorrow. I'll let everyone know the result.TC

Latest resources

Back