LGA or EWR to Chicago Commute Tomorrow!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VerticalSnap

Trying to commute to Chicago tomorrow from the NYC area. Looks like I have the most options through LGA or EWR. I'm wondering with the shorter runways if LGA flights can be weight restricted. With the blizzard cancelations, all flights are completely full so I'm 99.9% sure I'll be up front. Any help or recondmendations would be appreciate ASAP!

Trying to commute to Chicago tomorrow from the NYC area. Looks like I have the most options through LGA or EWR. I'm wondering with the shorter runways if LGA flights can be weight restricted. With the blizzard cancelations, all flights are completely full so I'm 99.9% sure I'll be up front. Any help or recondmendations would be appreciate ASAP!

Can't possibly be a flight crew member with a question like that!!

The runways at LGA are 7000' long!!!

Wow

Ive done it many times no problem, but most times sitting in the jumpseat. Have fun

7000 feet isn't that long....I'd know...my girlfriend keeps telling me every night.....

You must be a regional pilot if you think 7000' is long.

Wow

DB alert!!! DB alert!!!

You're the type of guy who when faced with a 7000' RWY, sinches up his belt, adjusts his seat 20 times and asks for wind checks the whole way down.

7000' is long enough for the majority of US carriers to operate all types of equip out of.

I'm assuming he is thinking of a contaminated runway????

Wouldn't V1 just be lowered to accommodate a stopping distance?

DB alert!!! DB alert!!!

DB alert? Did you learn that at your frat house when you attended Riddle?

You're the type of guy who when faced with a 7000' RWY, sinches up his belt, adjusts his seat 20 times and asks for wind checks the whole way down.

Yah, you know me:rolleyes:.

7000' is long enough for the majority of US carriers to operate all types of equip out of.

I was making a tongue in cheak remark to CRJ puppy. Of course, for most narrowbody midrange flights on a good day, 7000' is adequate. Apparently 6300' is a challenge under certain conditions for a 757 and its crew to land.

I thought the OP had a legitimate concern for his commute. He was asking a simple question about the performance of planes he doesn't fly. I bet there are all sorts of assumptions you would make about planes that you don't fly that are wrong. If I NEED to get to work, and I can ask a question on a pilot board, I'd rather find out here, than when I'm watching a plane push from the gate without me. I was left behind when a CRJ couldn't take a jumpseater on a one hour flight. I didn't see that one coming.

CC,

Regarding the CRJ, if it is a 50-seater, check if an alternate is required. If so, pretty much kiss the jumpseat goodbye. The combination of a weak landing weight limit and a forward CG due to a jumpseater, leaves no room for ballast to be added.

Latest resources

Back