• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lewis University

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a more serious note, i worked there for about a year before leaving for my current job (see profile).... LewisU is correct - 10 students, they each fly 3 times a week, 2 hour blocks, work 6 days a week 7:30-5:30. In the summers, you make your own schedule, some of your students will stay around for the summer, some are not local and go home. Full benefits. Free Tuition. Great group of instructors (with the exception of a certain one :D ...) the chief pilot and asst chiefs are great people, they do not micromanage. One poster previously mentioned not flying in high winds, I found everyone would fly right up to our insurance imposed 25knot rule, which yes, sucks... I took my students in actual as early and often as possible, and a lot of others do too. The chief does not care, unless you are obviously and carelessly flying through crap you shouldn't.... The maintenance is good (I'm an A&P, can tell the difference). Never had an issue that didn't get attention, and nothing unsafe. The uniforms yes suck, you wear them during the school year (not in summer), mon-thurs, any other day is a polo and shorts if its hot. What I liked about lewis compared to other instructing jobs (it was not my first) -

10 students, given to you, no marketing, cold calling and searching for intro flights

Full Benefits, almost unheard of in this day and age for an instructing job

Free Tuiton, get a masters

Multi time, if you have a student going into the twin and you are a MEI, its your student, none of the "multi students only fly with the chief pilot" crap like at some flight schools.

Set schedule, although if it is a crappy day weatherwise, you can either do ground, or not come in at all (I tended to go back to bed if I woke up and it was 200 and 1/2)

I do miss the set schedule and being home every night sometimes, especially when getting up for another "O'Dark Thirty" showtime in BUFU. And you will not find a better group of instructors...

flyboyzz1 said:
Old crap planes

How would you know CHIEF?

Keep holding out for that Jet job buddy.

PS...call me, pr!ck

Latest resources

Back