• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lewis University

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard it was pretty good, also I know SunAero is hiring CFI's for both rotor and fixed wing. AAA might be good as well even CBA has an opening if you don't mind the drive to Lansing (IGQ).

Illini Pilot said:
anyone know much about Lewis, specifically employment as a CFI?

I was there about 3 years ago, and all CFIs had to wear uniforms with stripes. No joke.

Recently I heard the pay is below par.

DX Rick said:
I was there about 3 years ago, and all CFIs had to wear uniforms with stripes. No joke.

Recently I heard the pay is below par.

yea, i've heard its like that mon-thurs and polos fri-sun

If you are looking at Lewis for employment (CFI) stay away. I want that position still available for when I am ready. HAHA

I have had a few friends who have worked there. Never heard anything good about either the job or the program. But it cant hurt to try it out yourself and see if it works for you. If not you can always quit.

Yeah...you get to wear flight engineer stripes on top of it. The assistant chief pilots wear F/O bars and the chief pilot is apparently the Captain.

From my experience, most of the instructors wouldnt go out on windier than usual days, avoided IMC (not talking low IFR days either), and they have a twin that loves to sit in Mx more than fly.

I think their rates are higher than normal also, but its been 10 years since I was there. Hopefully things have changed around a little.

IMO I don't think it is that bad of a gig. You are given 10 students that you can work with Mon-Sat, full benefits, paid tuition if you would like to further your education. We have 152s 172s 182RGs and a pa44-180. A couple of the 172 are newer maybe 00s fuel injected pretty nice. A new 02-20 runway was completed last year which allows us to fly a lot more. Talks of a tower in 07. Lewis has a policy that when winds are gusting over 25 all planes are grounded. Any more questions PM me.

I can think of at least one pain in the ass instructor there too...... sorry Megan, I really never liked you!!! j/k, hows things???

Latest resources

Back