Letter to ALPA's President

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Actually, yes. I would be interested in reading them.
Go to RJDefense.com and look through the documents from 2001 to 2002. The grievances and resolutions which were quashed by National, alleging that we have no standing.

I do have to offer a correction. My resolutions were successfully quashed at the LEC level at ASA by a MEC Chairman worried about obtaining financing for our own contract negotiations. At Comair the resolutions passed, but were again referred to the Bilateral Scope Impact Committee.

~~~^~~~ said:
Go to RJDefense.com and look through the documents from 2001 to 2002. The grievances and resolutions which were quashed by National, alleging that we have no standing.

I do have to offer a correction. My resolutions were successfully quashed at the LEC level at ASA by a MEC Chairman worried about obtaining financing for our own contract negotiations. At Comair the resolutions passed, but were again referred to the Bilateral Scope Impact Committee.
I looked through the documents library, but the only things I could find were the CMR resolutions (which were quite comical by the way). I can't believe the CMR resolutions were even referred to the BSIC. A demand to vote on any DAL TA? You've got to be kidding. No one can take that seriously.

Fins, if you want things to change, then I suggest you run for office. I can't remember when the next elections are supposed to take place for ASA, but you should run if you are so displeased about ALPA's current direction. Remember, all status reps have a seat on the BOD. You should get a movement started to get like-minded people elected to your MEC. That's how things change in a democracy. What you're doing now is only going to result in the destruction of the Association and the profession if you are successful (unlikely anyway). Real change has to come from within the Association. If you want brand scope, then fight for it from within. Whining to a judge in an attempt to gut DALPA's CBA isn't the right thing to do, and I think you know it.

Latest resources

Back