• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

braveheart

RJ Defense Coalition
Ensuring One Level of Representation
www.rjdefense.com

Letter to ALPA's President
November 22, 2005

As part of its continuous review of industry events, the RJDC has learned of ALPA's most recent scope proposals at Delta. It is a sad commentary on the state of affairs within our own union when the ASA and Comair pilots must scour the public docket in order to ascertain the union's intentions rather than hearing it directly from the union's leadership.

ALPA's bargaining proposals at Delta clearly show the union's intent to continue its pattern of bad faith conduct and to perpetuate its on-going conflict of interest. ALPA's offer of economic incentives to entice management to withdraw some of its proposed scope changes, without the participation and consent of ASA and Comair pilots, is not only further proof that ALPA is working against our interests, but that the union has no intention of delivering on its obligation to enact reforms.

In response, we have written ALPA's President requesting that he intervene without delay in order to ensure the union's actions at Delta are conducted in accordance with the union's Constitution and Bylaws and its duties to the ASA and Comair pilots.

The full text of this letter and the supporting documentation can be downloaded from the RJDC's web site or from the following links:

Letter (Adobe Acrobat 145k)
Excerpts (Adobe Acrobat 450k)

Letter

Would it not be better to have the 70 or 90 seaters only at Mainline?

Yawn...

I'm sure Captain Woerth did the same thing with your pathetic letter that I would: shredded it. Get a life and stop trying to steal mainline jobs.

PCL,

Isn't it a bit hypocritical to accuse FlightInfo of engaging in "gustapo" editorial tactics while you yourself advocate that ALPA's President should summarily disregard the lawful objections of those whom he's obligated to represent?

braveheart said:
PCL,

Isn't it a bit hypocritical to accuse FlightInfo of engaging in "gustapo" editorial tactics while you yourself advocate that ALPA's President should summarily disregard the lawful objections of those whom he's obligated to represent?

The President of the Association doesn't have the time to deal with a ragtag group of whiners that are trying to hold on to an already-failed lawsuit. Your claims are so far out in left field that even paying them lip service is absurd. We have real issues like cabotage, pensions, and the continued raping of mainline contracts in BK to deal with. Wasting the President's time with your petty lawsuit is not something that we need right now. As I said, I'm sure it went straight to the circular file anyway.

PCL,

Whenever a fiduciary claims "they're too busy" to investigate claims of wrongdoing within their respective organization, it's either an admission of neglect or an admission of complicity.

Either way it's wrong.

PCL_128 said:
The President of the Association doesn't have the time to deal with a ragtag group of whiners that are trying to hold on to an already-failed lawsuit. Your claims are so far out in left field that even paying them lip service is absurd. We have real issues like cabotage, pensions, and the continued raping of mainline contracts in BK to deal with. Wasting the President's time with your petty lawsuit is not something that we need right now. As I said, I'm sure it went straight to the circular file anyway.

all ALPA is worried about is making the most money possible....they would dump ALL pilots and represent retarded tree beetles if they paid higher dues.

Lessons from Detroit

Funny thing though, ALPA is apparently attempting to protect their revenues in much the same way Detriot did in the 70's, by calling for import restrictions and quotas rather than fixing problems of their own making.

As everyone now knows, Detroit's quest for restrictions, rather than reform, proved to be self-desructive (costing thousands of union jobs) as the Japanese automakers ultimatly earned market share and the loyalty of its customers with a superior product.

Latest resources

Back