• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Letter of Recommendation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually a pretty good idea IMO. 'Course I'm jealous since I was literally just thinking about setting up an extemely similar site recently. Oh well, no soup for me.

I had suggested to the web folks here that they add a forum for the purpose of asking whereabouts. Seemed like a good idea...no personal data...just a place where they might see their name and PM back to establish contact. Pprune has one called "Where Are They Now" for just this sort of thing...and it's free. I've lost track of a couple of guys from previous jobs, but haven't been able to locate them.

And, no, I'm not interested in hitting them up for a LOR. Just wonder what the heck became of them...and their livers...

You can search in the FAA database for pilots. You only get the address listed on their certificate and sometimes have to take a guess where they might be living if you have several returns with the same name.

whereisapilot.com can be used to get letters of recomendation or just findout where someone went. Let's say you worked at Air Wisconsin from 1996-present. You can go on this site and do a time frame search at Air Wisconsin. It will give you everyone in the database that worked at Air Wisconsin during that time frame. You can click on anyones name and see where they currently, past companies, and email address. That is just one of many searches to find people.

My buddy told me that if you select that you have part 121 experience on the profile the site gives you the lowest membership rate of $4.99. I gave it a try and it worked. I just selected done adding data after I listed my flight school history.

Latest resources

Back