Letter of Recommendation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, great idea.

Another "entrepreneur" with a website ready to take money off of desperate pilots eager to do anything to get a flying job. How much is it gonna cost to join?

Also, I really don't appreciate the notion that my personal information / employment info is going to be even easier than it already is to obtain, and that someone is going to be making money off of it.

Hasn't Kit Darby, et al, already suckered enough pilots for their "career services"? Someone's always trying to make a buck I guess.

If someone called me and I knew they tracked my butt down from a site like this, well.....sure, I'll put in a rec for ya. It just might not say what you expect it to. In the meantime, I'll be busy trying to get my buds hired.

Let's just avoid this site and network the old fashioned way...by asking every jumpseater who gets a free ride on your plane for a rec. ha ha Just kidding.

FJ

I like the site, I wish I had thought of that! Really, it provides us with a valuable tool that isn't offered anywhere else and without a letter we have less of a chance and I have lost track of a lot of old friends.

Flapjack, do you really think the guy did it just to be an "entrepreneur"? If so why would he let so many pilots on for free and wouldn't he charge a LOT more like Kit does?

I recently wanted to do an e-commerce site and was quoted 10 grand for something a lot less complex, I wonder if the guy will even break even.

Man, even the FAA sells its data to companies like Lexis Nexis who then sell access to other companies to view our stuff.

Just my 2 cents. Oh, and I hope your letters of rec are more positive for your buds sake!

24/7/365 used and abused by scheduling

Last edited:
Vladimir Lenin said:
lol, a noob with 2 different acounts hawking their crap on FI

pretending they use it

that's so 2003

Thats funny, you're calling someone a nob and you've posted over 1000 times on flight info. Dude looks like you're the nob. I hope thats not you in the pic. You look like one of those FOs that thinks it's cool to where your hat and tries to score with the FAs.

I do think it's a cool site. I should've come up with the idea first. How many times have you heard I wish I knew how to get on touch with so and so when you're standing in the crewroom. That nob is going to make a lot of money.

XJAVRO said:
Thats funny, you're calling someone a nob and you've posted over 1000 times on flight info. Dude looks like you're the nob. I hope thats not you in the pic. You look like one of those FOs that thinks it's cool to where your hat and tries to score with the FAs.
As an FO who loves to wear his hat and frequently scores with his FAs, I resent that comment. :angryfire

XJAVRO said:
Thats funny, you're calling someone a nob....
He didn't say "nob," he said "noob."

You look like one of those FOs that thinks it's cool to where your hat....
If English is a second language, you really should put that in your profile.

:D

That nob is going to make a lot of money.
So did Charles Keating; that doesn't make it a good thing.

Hey man whatever it is for I just signed up and found a guy I knew from school that I haven't heard from in a while. Thats worth the free signup alone.

CA1900 said:
He didn't say "nob," he said "noob."

If English is a second language, you really should put that in your profile.

:D

So did Charles Keating; that doesn't make it a good thing.

The really fun part is English is my second language. Sometimes I do write where when I mean wear, but thanks for being a grammer nazi. :p

Latest resources

Back