Letter from Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Coop,

When JB was writing the letter, I doubt she knew about the new service. From what I've seen the People department is always the last to find out about new classes and the hiring plan. Now throw into the mix the fact that JB will always be extremely conservative with her predictions. Basically she's not going to give you any good news about your position in the pool until she has a slot for you. Don't count on JB ever acknowledging the rumors from this board (ie the June class rumor)

As far the final record checks, that's basically a lawyer's way of saying if you get a DUI or some other equally stupid thing while in the pool don't count on them still hiring you.

Of course that's all just my opinion. I'm guessing classes start again in July to cover the new September service, hopefully JB will start calling folks in late June.

T1bubba

Records need to be finalized.....

Hey Bubba,

I have to agree with you on the verbage of the final analysis on the record check/background thing. After I got the update letter from JB yesterday, my wife and I were discussing it over a nice plate of spaghetti. She used to work in Personel for a company several years ago, and said that it definitely looks like an out for them in the event that anything bad happens in the next few months, especially anything that would cause SWA much embarrassment.

DUI's, FAA vio's, accidents, crimes and misdemenors, etc.... don't look good in the 'ole employee file, especially after the interview.

So let's keep our noses clean guys!

Any of you guys that got this letter, did you ever get a letter or phone call stating that you are actualy are in a pool, or do we just assume we are after passing the DB.
Just wondering,

Dave

Same ole stuff

I spoke with the OAK CP 3 days ago (Saturday, to be exact) and what he said was pretty much what is being passed here:

The company considers itself to be about where it thinks it should be in terms of pilot manning. As a result, no new classes are scheduled as of right now. There *may* be Aug classes (his emphasis, not mine) or there may not, or they may get into the summer crunch, JA a whole bunch, and turn the spigot back on.

I realize that this does not give you any new info, but it does at least confirm that what little you know seems to be accurate.

Good luck.

No news

I spoke with JB today. She said the letter was nothing negative, just the standard "lawyer stuff" about the hiring process is ongoing. It will be until we are sitting in training at DAL. I also asked her about classes. She said nothing's scheduled, but things could change anytime... So basically, what she always says- keep waiting, they'll call- when they're ready. I don't mind- I'll wait as long as it takes!

I talked to Lindsey Lang at the People Department 10 minutes ago (this is Wednesday, 15 May 02) and she said the next class will be in August. No other specifics. For what its worth.........

BeeVee

Latest resources

Back