Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bill C Rapper

Got a letter from Jennifer today, this is what it said -

We appreciate your patience, and thank you for your continued interest in a career with Southwest Airlines.

At this time Southwest Airlines is not scheduling any Pilot new hire classes past April 2002. We will periodically re-evaluate the situation, and do our best to keep you informed of any changes. Even though we must take a temporary pause, plans for future growth are still promising, perhaps even later this year.

Remember that the pre-employment process is ongoing and as time goes by, it may be necessary to update existing paperwork. All acutal offers of employment are contingent on the results of final background and record reviews, which have yet to be finalized.

Please keep us informed of any changes to your phone number, mailing address, or level of interest in joining our Team. If you have any questions, please call me at (214) 792-5186.

We appreciate your continued interest in Southwest Airlines.

Jennifer Bauer

So, does anybody have any comments regarding Southwests future classes? Looks like expansion is on the backburner for right now. If you are still reading, interviewed August, typed November, am on the poolie list as pegasus (can't remember my password!)

Did you all get the copy of LUV lines as well??? The letter is like the congratulations letter for the pool (but don't quit your day job) which really doesn't give anyone the warm fuzzies... but I did think that it was really cool that they took the effort to update us oficially. Not that this isn't an official site or anything.

:D

I have several friends on furlough from NWA and UAL that would love any letter letting them know what was going at their respective companies.

The pool seems deep but SWA rocks. Hang in there everybody. Once the pool boy figures out how to get the pool drain unplugged I bet things are going to happen pretty quick.

Let all your livers recover now while you can.

Did either of you guys recieve any other info, (letter or phone call), prior to this letter regarding passing your DB or starting background checks?

Info before/after DB

Before my DB I knew they called my last 3 bosses....one military and 2 CP's. I also got copies of background training records that I requested....so I knew they were checking. Then the day after the DB JB called and said "your DB met yesterday and you did very well but we still need a drug test"......5 days later after that when they got the drug test results, JB called and said they had everything and she would be sending me a letter..congrats...the same letter that is mentioned above about saying don't quit your present job....blah blah....and she also told me to keep checking in every 4 weeks or so...because you just never know when classes might start again....

Hi airlinepilot,

How about if I add your name to the poolie list? I didn't see you listed and it sure would help those below you to know your waiting in line. Also, are you available for class "Now"?

Thanks,

W8n4swa

Letter from Southwest (plus LUV lines)

Pegasus, airlinepilot, OakRbust,

At least it was exciting to see a 9x12 envelope from SWA in the mailbox for a few seconds.

The content of the letter and the date don't quite jive though. If my memory serves me correctly (hardly ever does), they annouced new long-haul service AND delivery of 4 more airplanes on the same day that the letter was written. There then followed a few postings about more pilots and new class-dates.

As stated in the letter, "At this time Southwest Airlines is not scheduling any Pilot new hire classes past April 2002."

What happened to August (as previously stated and posted) or even June (as previously rumored and posted)? Could it be that the people dept was unaware of the additional airplane announcement, and the letter was just a standard update to us all?

And what of the final background/record check reviews? If they've all been 100% completed for all of us (most likely), then why put the offer contingincy disclaimer in the letter? Just curious.

Any thoughts from anyone who knows?

class dates

I just looked the date thing (saying no classes in April) as a way for them to say"we are still not ruling out May, June or July"!!!

Latest resources

Back